Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tennesseeman and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

The Great Maudu

Hey Mo, get you a 49 you'll love it. In my pic it's the one in the middle. The other 4 are 49A's. wide bodies made for the South African market.

mo65

Quote from: The Great Maudu on August 10, 2017, 12:40:04 AM
Hey Mo, get you a 49 you'll love it.

I was saying it's the 349 that I need to get...I do have a 49...check out this jewel brother! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

The Great Maudu

Love the handle. Be hard to upgrade that jewel

Maxed Out

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Tightlines667

That's a beauty there.

One of these days you are going to have to post a photo of your entire collection.

Maybe here...

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=10064.0

Or here...

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=14752.105

John

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

mo65

Quote from: Tightlines666 on August 10, 2017, 04:10:52 AM
One of these days you are going to have to post a photo of your entire collection.

I've been meaning to do that...I'll see what I can come up with. It should be easier than photographing Ted's entire collection. I don't think they make a lens that wide! ;D
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

cmdrzog

The 109 handle is double knobbed.  The handle pictured is common on older 180 & 190 reels.   The double knobbed handle w/o oil ports was on the 77's.

JRD

Quote from: cmdrzog on August 10, 2017, 04:38:28 PM
The 109 handle is double knobbed.  The handle pictured is common on older 180 & 190 reels.   The double knobbed handle w/o oil ports was on the 77's.

My 77 had the double like you say, my maroon plate 109 had a smaller football knob counter balanced and my other 180s had a single knob non oiling port handles 24-85 handles on them.  It was different enough that I didn't part the reel out, cleaned and greased it, changed drags and will probably fish it just the way it is.

foakes

Here are a few of the various small cranks.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Decker

I like the 24-85 (larger single-handled one, with counterbalance) for the Penn 10, as Mo suggested.  Looking to get my hands on a dark-colored one soon. :)

wailua boy

I just picked up this 9/0 Senator. It looks to have a wooden knob and unnumbered.

Bill B

Thats a classic for sure.....Good looking reel brother....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

sdlehr

Very nice! I bet the flanges on that spool are Nickel Silver.
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Superhook

It has a Rosewood knob , Line post tie and forward rod harness and no part numbers . Late 1940's early 2nd generation . Good condition .Nice find.

wailua boy