Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

We always have a couple of those in the camper -- standard equipment -- and very handy.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

El Pescador

Quote from: foakes on September 08, 2017, 05:18:08 PM
We always have a couple of those in the camper -- standard equipment -- and very handy.

Best,
Fred

Fred,

You completely take the wind out of the Art of Dry Shaving!!!!! ;D

Travel Safe,

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

1badf350

Found this first year senator recently. The dirt and grease actually protected it from corrosion all these years. She cleaned up really nice!!

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Benni3

Very nice,,,and good job cleaning it up looks great :D

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

mo65

Wow...that is incredible condition for such an early Senator. I too had a stroke of great luck in nabbing this mint 1/0 Senator. This one is truly "just as I found it"...no scrubbing necessary! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Dominick

Quote from: El Pescador on September 08, 2017, 05:32:31 PM

You completely take the wind out of the Art of Dry Shaving!!!!! ;D

Travel Safe,

Wayne
Does anyone else besides Wayne know the expression "dry shaving?"  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Bill B

Uhhh.....where to start.....hmmmm....I got nothing...... :o :o    But those reels are really cool  ;)  Good job 350 and Mo... Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Penn Chronology

QuoteFound this first year senator recently. The dirt and grease actually protected it from corrosion all these years. She cleaned up really nice!!

That is an amazing find. It is the first of the Senators, a 1936 / 37 Model 115. In that condition you have a valuable reel.

1badf350

Thanks everyone! I also recently acquired this 9/0 with lighthouse box. Using Mike's blue book, it looks like 1939-41 maybe judging by the price? I gotta start taking 'as found" pics. This one had just a little scruff to her as you can see, but not much.

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

broadway

Beautiful reels you've recently acquired. Looks like you met a collector in your travels and somehow convinced him to sell some of his really rare relics.
Good stuff!
Thanks for showing
Dom

steelfish

Quote from: mo65 on September 27, 2017, 07:10:56 PM
   Wow...that is incredible condition for such an early Senator. I too had a stroke of great luck in nabbing this mint 1/0 Senator. This one is truly "just as I found it"...no scrubbing necessary! 8)

Mo, this is a great find, really cool reel, congrats

the other reels that have been "found" recently have made green of envy, not much where to look for reels here
The Baja Guy

1badf350

Quote from: mo65 on September 27, 2017, 07:10:56 PM

Shes a beauty for sure!
Question. Do all 1/0 have stippled or textured sideplates? 
-Chris