Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

....and no rod clamp ?? I'd say you better ask for your $20 back  ;D ;D ;D

That's a heck of a score for $20

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

steelfish

not a problem Ted,
perfect excuse to get a reel clamp from you soon

;D ;D
The Baja Guy

54bullseye

I know this isn't a reel but I thought that this was the perfect place for this Penn display piece my buddy Doug
"MARLI" on this site found a few weeks back at a sale in Pennsylvania. It as just as it was found. Please if any one has seen or owns one like let him know or post any info or comments on it !!   Thanks for looking !
John Taylor

54bullseye

Sorry for the sideways picture ! I can't seem to fix it.   John Taylor

mo65

Cool piece! Congrats on the find. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Crow

The ultimate "display" !   Really neat !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

broadway

I've never seen that piece but it was obviously a display that maybe someone has a photo sitting on a counter in a B&T somewhere.
One of the cooler display pieces I've seen.
Congrats on the find,
Dom

Bill B

Thats a great find....now time to fill it up....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Maxed Out

Nice score !!

My guess is it was used at the trade shows in the Penn booth.....just a guess

Ted

coastal_dan

Beautiful display!  If you get a chance, look at eBay under 'Penn Reel Collectible" there is a page out of a dealers magazine that shows a similar counter top display.  Not sure if it is the same, but darn close.  I'll see if I can post a link.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Maxed Out

Quote from: coastal_dan on October 09, 2017, 05:57:44 PM
Beautiful display!  If you get a chance, look at eBay under 'Penn Reel Collectible" there is a page out of a dealers magazine that shows a similar counter top display.  Not sure if it is the same, but darn close.  I'll see if I can post a link.

You nailed it Dan......that is definitley the same display

oc1

That's a neat photo in the ad.  The display looks much larger when it's full of reels.  The ad says it is March 1960.  But the reel box on the counter looks older.  Didn't they have the blue/white box with stapled edges by 1960? 

Where's that recent thread about Penn boxes?  I can never find anything around here.
-steve