Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Maxed Out on October 13, 2017, 05:17:46 PM
Found this old relic a few months back on the big auction site for $32.50 total  ;D ;D
Now that is a Deal! Good work Ted. ;)
Life is Good!

Maxed Out

I kinda promised myself I would slow down on buying old Penns from the big auction site. "Look but don't touch" works most the time ;) ;).......My plan "B" motto is don't hesitate to buy if the price is beyond rediculously low..... this time it is a full newell "99" jigmaster 500s with stock all steal internals. :o :o It might have been gently used once or twice, but who cares for $14.95 and $9.75 shipping. Seller had it advertised as a plain old 500s  ;D ;D

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Benni3

Very nice find at a fantastic price  ;D

Bill B

I'm calling the police, because that is Grand Theft in a big way  :D :D  Good buy brother....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

1badf350

Quote from: Gfish on October 13, 2017, 04:14:23 PM
Quote from: 1badf350 on October 13, 2017, 04:05:02 PM
Quote from: Gfish on October 13, 2017, 04:00:46 PM
Looks like onea the coolest headplate 60's I've seen yet.
Gfish
Im hoping when it is delivered the tail plate matches. Cant really tell from the crappy pic

I own't know, but it don't look like it do. That'ed be extra cool... Please post if it do?...
Gfish
So it got here and it does match, but my phone camera flash isnt near as good. Bonus find, when i went to put it on the display shelf i realized i had another one with the exact same mottling. Its bad when you forget you have stuff.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Crow

Good deal ! An aluminum spool usually sells for more than that !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Gfish

Quote from: 1badf350 on October 17, 2017, 12:13:48 AM
Quote from: Gfish on October 13, 2017, 04:14:23 PM
Quote from: 1badf350 on October 13, 2017, 04:05:02 PM
Quote from: Gfish on October 13, 2017, 04:00:46 PM
Looks like onea the coolest headplate 60's I've seen yet.
Gfish
Im hoping when it is delivered the tail plate matches. Cant really tell from the crappy pic

I own't know, but it don't look like it do. That'ed be extra cool... Please post if it do?...
Gfish
So it got here and it does match, but my phone camera flash isnt near as good. Bonus find, when i went to put it on the display shelf i realized i had another one with the exact same mottling. Its bad when you forget you have stuff.

You might could sell this newest one to me. PM if interested.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Penn Chronology

QuoteI kinda promised myself I would slow down on buying old Penns from the big auction site. "Look but don't touch" works most the time Wink Wink.......My plan "B" motto is don't hesitate to buy if the price is beyond rediculously low..... this time it is a full newell "99" jigmaster 500s with stock all steal internals. Shocked Shocked It might have been gently used once or twice, but who cares for $14.95 and $9.75 shipping. Seller had it advertised as a plain old 500s  Grin Grin

It is not nice to take advantage of the Feeble Minded sellers............ That is the steal of the year...............!!

1badf350

This one arrived yesterday as well. I hate to cross post like this, since Mike C and I have a conversation going in the Penn Vintage section.

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Decker

Quote from: Maxed Out on October 16, 2017, 11:13:42 PM

I kinda promised myself I would slow down on buying old Penns from the big auction site. "Look but don't touch" works most the time ;) ;).......My plan "B" motto is don't hesitate to buy if the price is beyond rediculously low..... this time it is a full newell "99" jigmaster 500s with stock all steal internals. :o :o It might have been gently used once or twice, but who cares for $14.95 and $9.75 shipping. Seller had it advertised as a plain old 500s  ;D ;D

Ted

Do you hear sirens??

I've found that a lot of sellers don't recognize the 99 width Jigmasters.  It can be hard to tell with the Newell spool because the width difference is not very much, but a sharp eye on the photos can catch it ;D

1badf350

This one showed up today. Thats all i got for now so I'll stop posting
-Chris

broadway

Good luck finding better eyes than Ted ...and Ray for that matter.
Awesome score Ted... that's a heck of a light weight reel that can be pushed to the limits with some SS internals.
Congrats,
Dom

Penn Chronology

QuoteI've found that a lot of sellers don't recognize the 99 width Jigmasters.  It can be hard to tell with the Newell spool because the width difference is not very much, but a sharp eye on the photos can catch it Grin

That is so true.

Jigmaster 99 width on the right, Jigmaster 500 width on the left.

Shark Hunter

Penn 155. Nice rings and handle. New stack.
$12.99 shipped.
The stand has some slight corrosion, but it is going to get narrowed, so it doesn't matter.
The rings are what I look at. They are hard to find like this.
Life is Good!

Rancanfish

How many of 'those' spools do you have stashed lol?
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.