Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

That must be what they mean when they say, "Gently used" !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Penn Chronology

QuoteWell this one isn't mine, but was recently picked up by Broadway Dom.

I'm having issues sending his pics to my computer, so here is his pic right off my phone.

This is right up there with the nicest model f known to exist. Click on the pic for enlarged view

This is the best one I have ever seen. looks like """New Old Stock""", absolutely  the number 1 Model F in terms of condition.

sdlehr

Way to go Dom! Beautiful reel! Glad it's in the Ohana!

Quote from: Penn Chronology on November 20, 2017, 02:03:34 PM
Where I am from, this is known as a "Can't get the money out fast enough", "A Steal". "No Brainer" kind of deal".
Yeah, I took one glance at it, handed her $20, said, "Now it's mine" and then told her a little history of the reel. I'm back home, have some things to catch up with, also have a '33 Sea Hawk I have to clean up. They'll be shelf buddies....

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Oceanreels

Sid, Dom;
   VERY nice reels. They still keep turning up.
Brian Purrone  Member ORCA
http://myfishingreels.weebly.com/

coastal_dan

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Maxed Out

Quote from: Penn Chronology on November 21, 2017, 08:19:25 AM

This is the best one I have ever seen. looks like """New Old Stock""", absolutely  the number 1 Model F in terms of condition.

Another tidbit about this model f is it was purchased in 1931 and was the 1st one produced in accordance with the original owner......how's that for some earth shattering news !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

broadway

Thanks for the compliments guys. She is all original and has been gone through with a fine tooth comb (or toothbrush). When I received her she was just covered in "old crust" which evidently wasn't very permanent.
The only real place (some screw heads had light corrosion that I neutralized to stop the ill-effects) there was corrosion was the spool arbor and the very bottom of the side spool flanges.  It looks to me that very little line was ever put on this reel and don't believe it received much use at all.  I'm thrilled to be the new caretaker of this reel as it sits proudly among it's very close, long lost siblings for me and my family to enjoy.
Thanks for posting the photo, Ted.  Also, I have to ask Ted if he'll post a letter that may be of some importance to the history of Penn reels.
Keep up the hunt,
Dom

Tightlines667

Wow Dom!

Way to go on that one.

That is the nicest one I have ever seen.  A cornerstone piece for sure.

:o :o :o

Looks like Christmas came early ;)
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

1badf350

Holy S@!T DOM! I'm floored by that mod F!! Awesome is an understatement!! ;D
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Swami805

Wow! if there is a penn museum that would be a cornerstone
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Bill B

Quote from: 1badf350 on November 21, 2017, 10:51:32 PM
Holy S@!T DOM! I'm floored by that mod F!! Awesome is an understatement!! ;D

Like he said.......Incredible brother.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Dominick

Yo! Broadway Dom strikes again. Way to go Dom.  I'm waiting for the letter.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Maxed Out

Here is the letter Dom is referring to. I'm splitting the letter into 3 pics so it can be read.

Maxed Out

...and the letter itself

....click on pic to enlarge

coastal_dan

That is so freakin' neat, what a special item.  Thanks for sharing.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...