Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1badf350

Gfish is it possible your DL65 mirrors the 3/0 senator build style where there are a couple hidden screws under the rings?
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

mo65

Nice reels Gfish...I love those old Silver Beaches.

Quote from: 1badf350 on January 11, 2018, 11:06:25 AM
Gfish is it possible your DL65 mirrors the 3/0 senator build style where there are a couple hidden screws under the rings?

That Deluxe 65 is actually the predecessor of the 3/0 Senator.
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Decker

Nice reels, Gregg.  I've never seen those reels before.  Thanks for sharing.   

Benni3

Ok so I paid to much for this one,,,lol  :D but it is like new

mo65

foakes

Can't pay too much for a good one -- or too little for a rough one...

Nice reel!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Tightlines667

Quote from: Benni3 on January 11, 2018, 11:53:52 PM
Ok so I paid to much for this one,,,lol  :D but it is like new

Cool reel.  First pink stock one that Iremember seeing.  I was considering bidding as well.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Alto Mare

Very nice reel Benni! it looks familiar, I think I've seen it on here before.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Benni3

Thanks guys,,,,and uncle sal I hope you doing good up there,,,it's been cold

bhale1

Wow, that is one good looking reel...
You only live once my friend, nothing is " too" much if it's something you wanted!!! Great find!
Brett

Maxed Out

Wish Penn made more reels in this lipstick red color. I always wondered why they only did the 27 in this color

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

mo65

Quote from: Maxed Out on January 16, 2018, 05:16:34 PM

Wish Penn made more reels in this lipstick red color. I always wondered why they only did the 27 in this color

Ted

Same here Ted, especially since it doesn't show up cracked as many times as the green and grey Monofils. I hate that the Coloramic Monofils only lasted a few years. Then they went right back to that old mud/brown/maroon watcha-call-it! :D  I see the more common red maroon a lot, and an occasional black Monofil. Are the black ones kinda scarce?

Maxed Out

Not sure about the black monofil reels Mo

Penn kinda pulled a fast one on everyone by "introducing" reels specially made for monofilament line. The monofil 25 is an exact duplicate of a 155, just different label. The monofil 26 is duplicate of a 160, and the 27 is a re-labeled 180. All 3 had been around since prior to the war and continued to overlap with the monofil, even though they were exact same reel. I've rebuilt a couple grey monofil by using a 155 as a donor reel. Its the affordable way to get yourself a nice grey 25 without spending lots of dough.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

1badf350

This "anniversary" 6/0 fell in my lap last week.

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

thorhammer

that one will not need the simple green OR vinegar. nice!