Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenx and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

1badf350

This long beach 65 came yesterday. Sorry for the crappy pics I know the lighting sucks.
Is the stand correct? Are those clamp stud holes supposed to be there?

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

mo65

Yep Chris, there was a clamping stand available for the 60 and 65 beaches. It was an accessory item. You just need the screws and clamp. That's a dandy 65, good grab! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Benni3

Cool long beach  ;D with a nice handle

Maxed Out

I've been trying to curb my spending, but never expected to win this lb60 for $9 ... I was the only bidder. I guess nobody likes the long beach anymore except Mo, Chris, and little old me   ;D ;D

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

mo65

It's hard to pass on a deal like that Ted...the handle alone is worth 9 bucks! Great solid reel. 8)

Gfish

Quote from: Gfish on January 20, 2018, 03:52:44 PM
Quote from: 1badf350 on January 18, 2018, 11:14:46 PM
This long beach 65 came yesterday. Sorry for the crappy pics I know the lighting sucks.
Is the stand correct? Are those clamp stud holes supposed to be there?

Very nice, well defined picture-plate. Hard to find one in that condition. Looks like the "spring-ball" (for the oiler) in the bushing is either missing or the ball's off the spring. Got a couple like that, is there a fix or do ya gotta get a diffrent one?
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

mo65

Quote from: Gfish on January 20, 2018, 03:54:17 PM
Very nice, well defined picture-plate. Hard to find one in that condition. Looks like the "spring-ball" (for the oiler) in the bushing is either missing or the ball's off the spring. Got a couple like that, is there a fix or do ya gotta get a diffrent one?

I've had a few like this myself. Actually...I've created a few like this!
If you take a micro screwdriver or similar tiny instrument and kinda dig around in there the ball will pop back out most times.

1badf350

Well guys, like some girls I've dated, she aint pretty, but she was cheap.

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Maxed Out on January 20, 2018, 02:16:27 AM
I've been trying to curb my spending, but never expected to win this lb60 for $9 ... I was the only bidder. I guess nobody likes the long beach anymore except Mo, Chris, and little old me   ;D ;D

Ted
How did I miss that?
You da man Ted. ;)
Life is Good!

Swami805

Nice old senator with some stories behind it, They can't all be beauty queens.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Tightlines667

That Senator looks like a heck of a good score.  Those are not easy to find.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Bill B

Cool beans brother....Always good to save the old ones....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

1badf350

What do you guys think? There is a chrome plating shop in my town. Im thinking about taking it in at least for an estimate. If its not outrageous I may consider it. It might not even be possible
-Chris

54bullseye

Quote from: 1badf350 on January 23, 2018, 12:53:33 PM
What do you guys think? There is a chrome plating shop in my town. Im thinking about taking it in at least for an estimate. If its not outrageous I may consider it. It might not even be possible
Chris leave it the way it is it has character !!  If you re chrome it first off you will see old pitting marks under the chrome and second the side plates and rest of the reel won't match the shinny metal work !! It's like re bluing an old gun !  It ain't worth it !       That is what I think  Lol !!!     John Taylor

1badf350

John always knocks some sense into me.  ;D
OK will leave it alone.
-Chris