Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

Quote from: wailua boy link=topic=15800.msg273894#msg273894 date

/quote]wailua boy,

Thank you very much for info. I did notice spool was numbered 29-99, so I guess spool is much more recent. Im still happy with reel. I think it was $10+shipping. Have a great day/night guys.
Dude!, Yours looks just like my 97, hershey clicker and all. Indeed the seller advertised it at it's earlist possible date:1939. So, where did you find the part number stamp on the spool, as I never saw one on mine. The usual place?
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

pinoy101

hello everyone.. just would like to share what i have here... chance upon a variety store a saw this 112h on the shelf...caught my attention on the .. yup! the Power Handle... the store owner wanted P2,000.- for  it, I showed him a P1000.- bill... he ask for another P500.- and he said he won't go lower.. soo... we shook hands... P1,500 .-  $30 ... went home and gave her a good wipe with wd 40...   a little bit on and off grindy upon cranking.... was it a good bargain?... here she is....

sdlehr

Hey Alan, that's a gorgeous reel for the price. Ya done good! You probably got it for a little more than half the going rate.
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Bill B

Alan that reel is not worthy nor does it belong in you collection....just send it to me and I will dispose of it.......in my display case ;D.   Good reel and a good price brother.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

pinoy101

Quote from: sdlehr on February 23, 2018, 01:08:19 AM
Hey Alan, that's a gorgeous reel for the price. Ya done good! You probably got it for a little more than half the going rate.

thank you Sir Sid... I think I did...  hmmm... it Rhimes... hahaha..

pinoy101

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on February 23, 2018, 04:12:48 AM
Alan that reel is not worthy nor does it belong in you collection....just send it to me and I will dispose of it.......in my display case ;D.   Good reel and a good price brother.....Bill

hahaha... I get a Kick out of you brother Bill !.... thanks... here's what I have so far on Penn Conventional's ...

6/0  4/0  309  two 3/0 ...

thorhammer

NIce set, all spotless! i would snag that 112H all day for $30, just for the handle. that's my favorite of the old skool. i only have one; i think it's the 24-56.

John

Benni3

swill88

My first Monofil... $15.  Needs cleaning but works great...  The black bakelite has a touch of brown... happy.

steve

mo65

Quote from: swill88 on February 24, 2018, 04:55:38 PM
  The black bakelite has a touch of brown.

Yep...many early Monofils along with the Peers came in that dark brown color.
It looks great with a cream or off white handle knob. Great buy for $15! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Carl L

And, a squidder 145 jumped out of my mailbox today !! (My first one- I like this design) (squidder is the yellow handled one)   Am I the only one that noticed these things multiplying when you park them too closely ?

Carl L

That monofil looks pretty nice !! Please post pic once its polished up !!

swill88

Quote from: Carl L on February 25, 2018, 04:43:15 AM
That monofil looks pretty nice !! Please post pic once its polished up !!

Yes I will!

wailua boy

Quote from: Gfish on February 21, 2018, 10:40:44 PM
Quote from: wailua boy link=topic=15800.msg273894#msg273894 date

/quote]wailua boy,

Thank you very much for info. I did notice spool was numbered 29-99, so I guess spool is much more recent. Im still happy with reel. I think it was $10+shipping. Have a great day/night guys.
Dude!, Yours looks just like my 97, hershey clicker and all. Indeed the seller advertised it at it's earlist possible date:1939. So, where did you find the part number stamp on the spool, as I never saw one on mine. The usual place?
Gfish
yes, it was stamped in normal spot. The good part is the spool is immaculate, just too bad it wasn't original. It's funny I was just speaking to you about yours and about the next day, saw this one and had been looking for a while. I'm also looking for sailfisher in box as a gift for my old man, if you hear of one. Thanks

Gfish

Woah!, A Sailfisher 130 ina box. Seems like a difficult find. Well, the info's out there now with your post. I've got spare parts for this'n if you need any(many specialized one's fer this reel, and are stamped "__-130").
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!