Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oc1

It's rare Benny, but perhaps more because of the red plates than the age.
-steve

Benni3

Quote from: oc1 on November 06, 2018, 09:04:09 AM
It's rare Benny, but perhaps more because of the red plates than the age.
-steve
thanks steve,,, and it does have a little black marble to it?

Benni3

This came in today,,,not in good shape,,,but the sideplates are ;D

Gfish

Cool! Been thinkin bout a 209 or 309 for my " line management challenged" son. I don't like to mess with his fun when he's crankin up 75yds, of line with 1-2 fish on--"pay attention to the line lay on your spool!" I sent him a Penn 350 but it still needs a little persuasion to stay good n' even. To date, he's been usin a L.B. 60.

Benni, you probably goda good size collection by now. Are you thinkin a postin it at some point in time, in the "Show Your Collection" thread? Or maybe here?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

1badf350

Benni!!!! I'm glad you got that! I bid early and forgot to got back at the end. LOL
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Maxed Out

you guys are scoring some nice green Penns lately....I am huge fan of them also, and never get tired of gazing at them

How can a person not love the smallest Penn senator?? Its reminds me of a shrunk down 16/0 ;)

This one was about same price as a well used 113H. I was shopping for a donor 113H but my computer froze as I scrolled across this 1/0.   ;D  ;D
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Darin Crofton

God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Donnyboat

Great find Ted, was it like that, or have you polished it, since you received it, mint ay, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Maxed Out

Quote from: Donnyboat on November 09, 2018, 11:03:12 PM
Great find Ted, was it like that, or have you polished it, since you received it, mint ay, cheers Don.

Hi Don, it was just a little dusty and shelf grime. Very simple cleaning is all it took. I don't per say "polish" any reel parts, unless you consider my fingertips and nevr-dull  cotton wadding "polishing". The shine you see is 100℅ factory finish. The trick is the last wipedown must be clean grease free towel to get the best possible shine.

Ted

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Darin Crofton

BNIB 85L Seaboy $20 delivered to my door. I bought it for the spool, but might shelf it since it's so shiny. I know I need to dust it off  ;D

Maxed Out

Nice score Darin !!

That little reel is very capable and overlooked by most that don't know what they're missing.

Ted

Donnyboat

Good find Darin, thanks for showing, & Ted, thanks for the feed back, good tips, you both keep well, & leave some fish in the ocean for me, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Darin Crofton

Quote from: Maxed Out on November 10, 2018, 11:49:39 PM

Nice score Darin !!

That little reel is very capable and overlooked by most that don't know what they're missing.

Ted

Quote from: Donnyboat on November 11, 2018, 12:20:15 AM
Good find Darin, thanks for showing, & Ted, thanks for the feed back, good tips, you both keep well, & leave some fish in the ocean for me, cheers Don.
Thanks guys, it's pretty cool to handle an older reel that's brand new, I always imagine what one would try to catch with it back in the day...