Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

I've Never seen a mottled picture plate like that before Benni.
Incredible!
Life is Good!

Darin Crofton

Such a cool reel, Benni, great find!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

milne

Great find Benni,  that will be a cool display reel.

Chris,  I too got a first year Seaford, was hoping the JK markings were inside, but no.
      What was said was, that these Seafords were very late 33, and Penn used there first shipment of side plates, hence no markings
  It's over in the vintage section, quite interesting.
here's mine.

Col

mo65

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 25, 2019, 06:11:47 AM
I've Never seen a mottled picture plate like that before Benni.
Incredible!

I have one of those mottled picture tail plates for a 78...but that's all I have...Benni has the whole enchilada!
Nice score on the Seafords too Chris and Col. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

1badf350

Col is this what you are talking about? It is on the inside of ny tailplate.
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Darin Crofton

Penn 25th Anniversary Edition 113 4/0 I just acquired, I believe it's from 1957, can anyone confirm?

nelz

Cool, bet that 25th anniv. sticker makes the box even more collectible. Looks brand new.

Alto Mare

What a beauty, no customizing that baby, put it on a shelf.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Reel 224

NICE reel Darin great allocation to your collection. The price on the box :o :'( not today!!

Joe 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

1badf350

This 710 was a local buy. Box has some issues but I believe this is a time capsul reel that has never been used.

-Chris

Darin Crofton

Thanks everybody, it was a steal of a buy and I'm loving the history of it as well.

Another great one you found, Chris!

milne

Nice Greenie Chris.
  Ok, you have the JK markings,  I've got 2 now, one with original box, and both have no JK, both were Penns first side plates used.
  Good find

Col

milne

Well, I did the big clean up on my 4/0 LH reel,
    Swapped out a few parts from a donor reel, reel seat, inner rings etc.
It's not perfect, but it's free of the green stuff and because it's a LH, I will place it on the shelf.....

Col