Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Oceanreels

Brian Purrone  Member ORCA
http://myfishingreels.weebly.com/

Maxed Out

This one is not pre war and not as sought after,  but my guess is the 50's era reels will someday gain a higher status in the collector world, just not in my lifetime  ;) ;)
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Benni3

Thanks my friends,,,,, :D and like that 49m very nice,,,,, ;D

broadway

Only you could find a reel like that... mint in the mint box with all the fixins.
Darn, that's a nice package.  Enjoy it pal.
Thanks for showing us a sweet find,
Dom
PS- Mint in the mint box Penn reels from the 50's that have key features like yours (49M on box and the wiffled spool and all in that condition) will always bring good numbers.

Darin Crofton

Super cool reel, Ted, that spool is wild!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

1badf350

Oh yeah thats a beauty Ted for sure!
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

milne

That's a cracker of a find, nice reel.....................

Col

Gfish

Nice!
Is the waffeled spool for wire line maybe?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

RowdyW

Quote from: Gfish on March 06, 2019, 02:58:43 PM
Nice!
Is the waffeled spool for wire line maybe?
The box says Wire Line Trolling so I would guess so.  ;D       Rudy

Maxed Out

It's been a while since I posted this one, and had requests to post again. It's been in my custody for several years now and it lives in a sealed glass case, and covered from daylight to prevent box or label from fading

1936 1st year 9/0 with factory fresh box..... I paid a kings ransom to own it, but have no regrets whatsoever

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

broadway

There is no finer example of  first year 9/0 reel and box than that one right there.
Certainly a center piece of any Penn collection.
Thanks for posing her up for us to drool over,
Dom

1badf350

Gorgeous reel Ted, that box is in amazing condition! Probably the nicest extant.
Speaking of Kings ransoms, I cant match the box but I will raise you a reel. LOL ;D ;)
-Chris

milne

Wow Ted and Chris,  enough said.

Now back to reality for us normal blokes   LOL
I'm a bit embarrassed to show and tell mine after the last couple of stunners shown,
But I'm plugging away and trying to plug gaps in my Senator passion, until the opportunity arises for those illusive 1st generation ones.
Have a few on their way, ( not 1st gen) but managed to plug a gap here with a boxed 4/0, in used condition with old chord line on it,
But I can tell it will clean up beautifully, but with a box type I didn't have before.
From what I can tell, from the price and type of box, somewhere between 58-60 ??
Anyways, I absolutely luv the handle, hope the Pic comes out so you can see it......

Col