Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rivverrat

I like that 114 also. Looks really slick... Jeff

Darin Crofton

Nice one, Chris, I've been looking for a red anniversary model, what sizes did they come?
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

1badf350

Thanks guys!
Darin they were 114HL, 113HL, and 113HLW (wide)
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Darin Crofton

Quote from: 1badf350 on March 29, 2019, 11:31:20 PM
Thanks guys!
Darin they were 114HL, 113HL, and 113HLW (wide)

Thanks for the info buddy!

milne

Hi All,  I've been a tad quiet of late with regard to "Penn finds"
Although I do have a few finds arriving from over the big water any day now !!

So, below shows 2 Silverbeach reels, 97 & 98.  The 98 I got a while back, a 38 year model and documented in the vintage section.
But I don't think I posted up on the 97. It's interesting to see them side by side.
The 98 has the drilled spool, the 97 has the post, the older 98 has the hershey clicker, the 97 has the waffle type.
I never noticed till after clean up, that the 97 is actually a L/H model, Which isnt stamped on the head plate, which I thought was cool.
It's a dizmal day out here, so the photo's aren't the clearest.
I do have a soft spot for these Silverbeach reels, they are one of my Favourites.....

Col

Darin Crofton

Cool reels, Col, and I'm excited to see your new reels sent from the good ole USA ;D ;D ;D

1badf350

Good to see you posting again Col! Nice finds!
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

milne

Ok, Well a package arrived a few days back, but have been fair under the pump at work catching up after my 10 days break to post up my
  "just as I find them" additions.

Managed to fill a few more "Senator" gaps that I was looking for ( still a lot to go).
Not only Did I receive the reels, But the seller included a few extra's which I wasn't expecting, a couple of Penn vintage stickers and,
An old fishing knife with what looks to be Porcelaine side plates, Was blown away by this.
First two reels are, A non numbered 1/0, my first view of one of these and a non numbered 6/0, with coin edge counter balance,
Both in brilliant condition.
The second photo is a anniversary boxed 4/0 Senator, in superb condition.
These reels were good enough to go straight on the shelf........
Now the Seller was from the Ohana right here, Darin Crofton, Can't Say thank you enough to Darin, who gave me a great price and packed my little gems up and sent them half way around the world, and, as mentioned, put a few extra's in with the package as well.
It's great to meet new, similar minded friends on this great site,  Thank you Darin........

Col

1badf350

Nice Col! That 1/0 looks awfully familiar LOL Darin is that the one you bought  from me?
-Chris

Darin Crofton

You're so welcome my friend, Col, so happy everything got there safely and that you like the reels too!

Chris, I'm not sure about the 1/0, I'm having brain fog, but you're probably right?  ;D

Fishy247

Nice! Way to keep it in the Ohana gentlemen!

cdaline

As found at a sidewalk sale... $10.00. Missing L.S. bearing and
bearing spring. Easy to track (I hope). Circa 59'- 60's . Should
be an easy re-hab to put back in service...but, dissection will tell.  ;)
My first Monofil.... could not pass it by.  

Charles
https://imgur.com/a/nRNDvSC

Bill B

That's going to clean up very well...shows us the after pictures when your done....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

1badf350

This one completes my set of red spool anniversary'ish reels ;D

-Chris

Penn Chronology

QuoteThis one completes my set of red spool anniversary'ish reels

I kind of like the 500S. I know that some people say that everyone hated them. I remember a tackle dealer that had a whole bucket of them in the back of his shop. He told me they were very unpopular. The first Neptuna cradle rig I built to fish with had a 500S I used and I fished with it for years. Maybe it is because I have a special liking for Lexan as opposed to Bakelite. Your red spool version is a great add to a collection, in my opinion, even if the 500S is the Black Sheep of Jigmasters.