Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tennesseeman and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mo65

Quote from: Gfish on April 23, 2019, 08:56:36 PM
The colored spools are plastic, right? If so, why would that be an enhancement for a reel designed for mono., with the stretching potential of mono. possibly breaking the spool?

That's the million dollar question G. I'd say the stretching debacle wasn't figured out until they all loaded up their shiny new Monofils with brand new mono...oh that horrifying crunch...oh the humanity. ;D
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

54bullseye

Here are my 3 monofils. I wish I had a nice Lipstick colored one as Col called it but there cool. I only have rods for two of them also all chrome spools as colored spools are to wide for these cradles.   John Taylor

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Alto Mare

Oh wow John! Those are beautiful!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Maxed Out

Very nice set John !!

....and also one heck of a large kitty litter box !!

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Swami805

Wow John those are really something. It looks like the cradles have a "trigger" on them. Do all the neptunas have that and I just never noticed?
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

oc1

milne

Yep, ditto to all the above.
  John, thanks for showing those, absolutely awesome..

Col

Penn Chronology

QuoteInsert Quote
Here are my 3 monofils. I wish I had a nice Lipstick colored one as Col called it but there cool. I only have rods for two of them also all chrome spools as colored spools are to wide for these cradles.   John Taylor
Very interesting way you built those rigs. I never thought of mounting the colored monofils into those sized frames. I suspect your coloramic Neptuna combo rigs are the only ones in the world done that way.

QuoteWow John those are really something. It looks like the cradles have a "trigger" on them. Do all the Neptunas have that and I just never noticed?
Not all, only the smaller models. Jigmaster Neptuna cradles have the trigger casting as do these small reel cradles, but the 49 / 349 and larger cradles do not have the trigger cast into the cradle.

54bullseye

Thanks for the complements !! Only ones in the world Very rare unless you have a small Nep-Tuna frame and you put a colored Monofil in it that would bring the price of these rare combos down quick !!  Lol !! I bought the maroon one that way and added the gray and green thought they looked cool !!    John Taylor
PS Gonna ask Dom if I can buy the red 9/0 Senator for another 9/0 cradle I have now that would be RARE !!!!

54bullseye

Quote from: Maxed Out on April 24, 2019, 12:23:02 AM
Very nice set John !!

....and also one heck of a large kitty litter box !!

Ted

It's a towel not a catbox !!!  Lol !! ;D

thorhammer

broadway

As always, John pulls out the  beautiful, impossible to finds that we all dream of. 
PS- if I decide to sell Big Red some day we can talk. It sure would go to a good home with great company.
Really sweet nep-tunas!
Dom

Donnyboat

Really sweet John, awesome, thanks for showing them, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat