Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni3

Thanks very much my friends,,,,,,, :D this reel is so smooth and tight,,,,, ;) it's going on the self,,,,but one day it might go fishing,,,,,,, ;D

oc1

Crow

A while back, I had posted some shots of some reels I had picked up....one was a 209, that I didn't* think * was anything special...until it was pointed out that it was an "early issue". I went on a search to find some "age appropriate" parts...mainly a handle. The only handle I saw, that was in the ball park, was on another 209....and it, too, looks to be an 'older example", so $31 bucks later, I STILL have a 209 that lacks level wind parts, and a handle, BUT, I have one "complete" to clean up ! In the pix, the "handle less one is the original that I had posted, earlier. ::)
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

wfjord

Nice 209.  I'd be tempted to buy a nice old one like that for the knob alone.

Lingwendil

Well, first of the two I picked up is back together, Cal's grease on the drags and gears, ReelX oil everywhere else. I splurged and went for Carbontex drags. This sucker is smooth :)

Levelwind Lunatic! Cheap Bastard!

Penn and Pflueger nutjob!

Eyes out for: Pflueger Rocket, vintage 4-1 ratio or better spinning reels (especially metal-bodied and ultralight!)

alantani

nice work!  did you end up using the rubber band trick to get the levelwind assembly lined up?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Crow

Great job ! It looks like a new(only better, inside !) reel.
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

thorhammer

My favorite scenario, going into a pawn shop or yard sale and coming up with a gem on the cheap....

I spy a 113HL in UNUSED shape behind the counter...USA made....

Price Tag says: "AS IS!! DOES NOT WORK! $29".

Me says: "REALLY, now....as it happens, I know a guy..."

It wouldn't go into gear properly so I suspected some misalignment of the pinion- never been wet, so about impossible to actually be broken, and in any case I know a guy with parts bins :)

I crack it open...five yards of mono inside wrapped around shaft...in and out in five minutes and works perfectly...

mo65

Quote from: thorhammer on August 20, 2019, 03:10:06 PM
My favorite scenario, going into a pawn shop or yard sale and coming up with a gem on the cheap.

I hear ya John...I love a good pawn shop buy...great score!
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Crow

Benni3

I like this 1,,,,,, :D Great job,,,,,,,, ;D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Penn Chronology

The best kind of deal.............

milne

Luv your form John, great score......

Col

broadway

Good things happen to good people... well deserved, bud!
How the heck did 5' of line get in there?
Score!!,
Dom