Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tennesseeman and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Benni3 on August 31, 2019, 04:31:37 AM
Quote from: thorhammer on August 31, 2019, 02:40:07 AM
Ted is Sherlock friggin Holmes on this stuff....he picks up "variances" in my stuff all the time!
voodoo poshtion no9,,,,, :o I have been fishing for a citizen size carp for 2 years and pulled this out of the mail then boom!!,,,, >:( it's got some kind of mojo I don't want any part of,,,,,,, ;D
Wow! That is the biggest Carp I have ever seen Benni!
I don't even know what a Citazen Carp is, but I'm guessing it is big as a Citizen.
My Biggest Carp catches were loaf of bread size.
That is a true Monster. :o
Good Job Brother!
Life is Good!

Sharkb8

Nice reel, nice carp Benni ,Don I use autosol metal polish thanks Kim

WDill

Hello All,

My new to me flea market find. Looks like it could use just a little work. Time for a disassembly and dunk the chrome in the vinegar.

Everything works, but lots of green on this one. Just had to rescue it, plus I didn't have a 6/0.

Bill
Wish I were fishing

Crow

Looks like a good project !!  I *need* a 6/0, too ....plus anything any bigger !! Never know when you might need some heavy artillery  ;)
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

WDill

Its always fun. Started off with the smaller reels. Still amazes me that these things still function after so many years of use.

This one still has the original thick drags and a felt washer as a seal. Not sure how to deal with that. May just have to reuse the original felt.
Wish I were fishing

Benni3

This 6/0just came in $20+12 shipping,,,,,, :D  tight working condition,,,,,,,, ;D

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Darin Crofton

Good one, Benni, that will clean up nicely!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Sharkb8

thorhammer

there's 20 bucks worth of braid on it...

make sure you guys come back with after-shots on these 6/0's.

Benni3

Thanks very much my friends,,,,, :D and yes alot of elbow grease on this one,,,,,,,, ;D

Crow

I have a #9 that just crawled in from the mailbox , that needs lots of that "elbow grease", too !  Not much in the way of "corrosion"...but it's pretty dull. Must have sat in the sun a long time !

milne

Don't know to much about the 9's, but I'm picking that one will really scrub up well.
      Looking forward to seeing the finished Pic's

Col

Benni3

Quote from: Crow on September 07, 2019, 08:34:10 PM
   I have a #9 that just crawled in from the mailbox , that needs lots of that "elbow grease", too !  Not much in the way of "corrosion"...but it's pretty dull. Must have sat in the sun a long time !
I took a dewalt car buffer with 3m compound and then 3m plastic polish and then hand polished it,,,,,, :(sun damage  ??? Is difficult and the stare and reel sit mite just replace,,,,,, ;D

Crow