Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

Nice Chris, did you have to pollish it or was it like that when you brought it, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Benni3

Sharkb8

Beautiful looking reel looks in good nick .

Kim

Benni3

My dad got this at a yard sale today for $20 :) then i took a closer look 309 and a long beach,,,,,, :D my dad been looking out for me,,,,,,, ;D

alantani

i see a crack.  let me know if you need replacement side plates. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Brandon G

Quote from: WDill on September 01, 2019, 12:23:48 AM
This one still has the original thick drags and a felt washer as a seal. Not sure how to deal with that. May just have to reuse the original felt.

Do you, or anybody know when that started, when it stopped? Ive seen it on a few models. Can you date a reel by it, or get close?
Tight Lines :)

Donnyboat

That crack in the tail plate, the screw does not look original, maybe it was screwed in to tight, may have made it split,  cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

pinoy101

hello Gents

four Penn's in a single shot !   lb 60 lb 65  155  and my first wooden knob no. 85

i have a question,  what is the difference between the 60 and 65 ?... it seems to me they are relatively same in size... would the part's be inter change/swap?..

thanks

alan S.

Penn Chronology

i have a question,  what is the difference between the 60 and 65 ?... it seems to me they are relatively same in size... would the part's be inter change/swap?..

Line capacity only. The stand, bars and spool are different, making a Model 65 wider than a Model 60. All else is the same.

pinoy101

i have a question,  what is the difference between the 60 and 65 ?... it seems to me they are relatively same in size... would the part's be inter change/swap?..

Line capacity only. The stand, bars and spool are different, making a Model 65 wider than a Model 60. All else is the same.

thanks...

Brandon G

Good find today! Very good price as well! Missing a decal... :( Looks like I will be searching for one for a while.

This reel functions flawlessly, and feels great. Just swapped the original rubbery/fibery drags for the CF drags out of a parts 712z reel.

IS THERE A SPECIAL WAY TO GET THE MAIN GEAR SHAFT OUT OF THE HOUSING?
I have taken apart a few Spinfishers and their gears, even when really dirty, come out quite easily.
I have a 712z and this 710z that the main gear shaft will NOT come out at all. On the 712z I have used pliers, pipe wrench, a hammer...
It is currently soaking in gasoline in case there is grease hardened in there, but now I have run into this 710z with the same issue.

Anybody else run into this and found a fix?
Tight Lines :)

ShoreKasterHI

Took the line off, then remembered this thread. ::)

Crow

That 350 should clean up, great !  Those "spiral line winders" are pretty neat.
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Maxed Out

....and just when I thought I'd seen every Penn known to mankind
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

1badf350

Is that a 549 or a 49B Ted?
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"