Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tennesseeman and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

broadway

Ya done good, Col!
The box is a real beauty!
Keep those keen eyes peeled,
Dom

Donnyboat

Great find Col, well done, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

1badf350

Got this nice LL Bean marked Long Beach recently

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Maxed Out

Nice find Chris. The optional clamp stand is icing on the cake !

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Benni3

That one is Mr clean LL Bean,,,,,, :o great fine man,,,,,,,,, ;D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Rancanfish

Whoa, look at the size of the counter weight. Nice reel for sure.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Penn Chronology

QuoteGot this nice LL Bean marked Long Beach recently

That is a tough find in any condition. That one is beautiful. Really great find!

Cuttyhunker

Picked up this 10/0, nice but nothing special, but I do have a few questions.  Looks to be pre mid 60's with the medallion at 3 o'clock, no tail plate artwork. Is the handle factory?  I've read the squared off ends came in the 70's on the big reels, but not this color.  I haven't put a screwdriver to it yet but looks like an external drag setup. Anyone able to date it better than the 15 year window I've figured? Thanks.
Doomed from childhood

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Dominick

I just looked at my 10/0 and it has the medallion at 3:00.  The handle is red and has the blunted taper.  I don't know the age of it.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

54bullseye

Looks like an International handle to me. !!   John Taylor