Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tennesseeman and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Cuttyhunker

The drag was frozen and when I got inside it was as dry as the rest was loaded, the previous guys in there must have been Dr Jeckel and Mr Hyde, two very different Idaho's.
Doomed from childhood

1badf350

Here's a nice 4/0 lefty
-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Maxed Out

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Benni3

Crow

Campground rummage sale, this morning.....spent $9, total.....

The Zebco 808, and rod, I'll service, new line, etc., and give to my buddy....the 309 is in pretty decent shape....a "newer" issue than my others...don't need ANY of them, but ::)
The other Penn...not sure WHAT model, it is...is stuck tighter than a bull's behind, at "fly time"...don't have one like it in my "collection", so !
The "Sears" trolling reel is in fair shape...I've given several like it away...this one will probably be the same, and the Zebco 202 will make some kid happy, for a while !
The Daiwa 4000C is smooth, but has quite a bit of external corrosion...probably be another one that gets serviced, and "gifted away"

The drill indexes aren't "full"...all the little stuff has been broken, I suppose, and the bigger stuff in basically "unused"

Now, the trick will be getting it all hidden away, before the wife gets home, and gives me "heck", although, she'll , no doubt, have a bunch of "craft items", she'll be trying to keep hidden, from me :D
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Gfish

Great haul for $9. I might pay that for just the drills. I have one of those metal drill indexes, probably don't make em anymore.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

alantani

i have yet to try it. but i have a tumbler for brass cartridges.  you use soap, water and stainless steel pins.  someday i want to take crusted reel like one of those, toss it in, tumble it for a day and see how it comes out
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

thorhammer

Hey, that graphite Penn is either a 310 or 320 GTI! clean it up and it is a great reel for a lot of things. The 320 actually uses 4/0 drag stack.

John

Rivverrat

Quote from: thorhammer on February 20, 2021, 07:03:13 PM
Hey, that graphite Penn is either a 310 or 320 GTI! clean it up and it is a great reel for a lot of things. The 320 actually uses 4/0 drag stack.

John

Yup !   I can only imagine they would be great in the salt from a kayak. I have 2 - 3 of them laying around here. Not much use for my fishing now days. One junior high summer my dad dropped me off at the river for a week of fishing. I only had 2 reels with me one being a 330 GTI. For the upteenth gazzillion time the level wind went south while fighting a fish. Causing the line to stack jamming the reel.

Using a rock I knocked / busted out the level wind assembly & happily continued fishing on.  :-\

1badf350

Just got this first gen 6/0, not quite "as I found it" because it had a later red power handle on it. I'm glad because I think that's why it got passed over. Fortunately I had a spare correct handle I've been hanging on to for a rainy day.

-Chris

Crow

Gosh, Chris, you sure do come up with some nice, clean reels !

Benni3

Maxed Out

You surely saved that 6/0 from ever being fished again. 1st gen 6/0 is a very tough find. Now it's officially in the collector world, right where it belongs
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!