Penn Reels - just as you find them

Started by Superhook, October 30, 2015, 10:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milne

That's an awesome Haul Bill.....
There's a few hours of tinkering and going thru that lot....
Great score..

Col

Cuttyhunker

Found a pair of old 9/0's that look like they've been together for a long time. One a very early gen 2, drilled arbor, no front lugs or numbers, the second a 51, 2, or 3, numbers and a 3 piece spool.  At some point in the past the handles look to have been switched with the counter balanced crank on the newer of the two.  The seller had them for 12 years and has no idea about any prior history.  Now a question for the guru's, when did the front lugs appear on the Senators?  I have a 37 12/0, first year, only year with no front lugs, so is 38 the year they appeared on the 9/0?
Doomed from childhood

thorhammer

Billy, you should arrest yourself. I love 402's; as I recall lannie (Aiala) caught a nice YFT on hers. 808's are going for 30 or better in working shape.

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Bill B

John, I have an 808 and a 404 that has your name written all over them....yours if you want them N/C......Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

oc1

He said 402 Bill.  You're going to insult the guy  :)

Bill B

No insult intended.....thought he might want them.....Bill

Gfish

I'll take the sign in the background. Iszat a license plate?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Bill B

Gman it's just a novelty plate the wife bought.....I'd have to move in with you if that disappeared 😉

thorhammer

None intended and no slight taken; Bill, I'll take those, lemme know the damage. We started on them, and I know some folks that will put them to good use...three hard working little brothers down the street sharing one rod to fish the pond. Polite, professional, and out doing yard work around the neighborhood before 7:30 on Saturdays- including picking up trash cans and returning them, spotless, for $7. Ages 7 to 13. Gives me hope- the rest of the kids around aren't even up yet and then are thumbing it on video games. A soon as I figured out these industrious kids had only one rod, thirty yards from my shop, I wasn't having it- everyone had one. Now they'll have two. Thank you, my friend! I'll always take an 808 or 888; they make perfectly good catfish / bass reels to learn on.

Bill B

John, PM me your address again and I will get them out ASAP.  Bill

Cuttyhunker

Is anyone smart about when the front lugs appeared on the 9/0?
Thanks
Doomed from childhood

thorhammer

Ted, Mike, Dom or Chris will know. Stand by

broadway

Looking at my collection I'm gonna say, super early second gen., maybe '41-ish.
I have one without the two sets (only one skinny set) of lugs but all the rest (6) have two sets. All my first gens have one set of skinny lugs.
Also, I don't have my catalogs handy at the moment, so that's the best I can at the moment.
Hope that helps,
Dom

Benni3

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on July 17, 2021, 11:33:15 PM
John, I have an 808 and a 404 that has your name written all over them....yours if you want them N/C......Bill
The 404 me and marlo had as a kid and we didn't like it,,,,, :( but the 808 is from the 70's and it is a fantastic reel,, very collectible in the zebco world and still use for catfish today that's what there looking for,,,,,,,,,,, ;D