THE TANK TRAVELS THE WORLD-PHOTOS AND REPORTS TO COME

Started by Dominick, November 04, 2015, 07:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Quote from: Three se7ens on November 09, 2015, 04:32:45 AM
Im going to tentatively put my hat in the ring.  As long as my schedule works out so I can get offshore some next summer, Id love to put a big shark or two on the tank.  I routinely see tigers from 8' to 12+', and a hammerhead thats easily 14'+ on occasion where I fish.  Anytime the tank is free from may to august is a pretty good time.  I do run into short term schedule conflicts, so I dont want to commit to anything until next spring.  But I wont need it for long.
Okay Adam.  Let's see how Chris (Rothmar2) does.  I envision him finishing with the reel, then in May shipping it to Sal for an autopsy.  Then either to me or Steve-O.  I need to look at the timing.  I'll set up a list with names and dates as soon as I figure out a plan.  I could probably send it to you late June or July.  Again that depends on Steve's plans.  Although I use it about 6 days a year in June and October I don't need to use it if someone else wants to put a hurting on it.  Dominick
Here is a recap:
Rothmar2            Now until May 2016
Sal                      May 2016
Steve-O               June 2016 to ?
Me                       ?
Adam                   ?
Wayne                  ?
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Rothmar2

That will work for me. Here's hoping I can spank a sword with it.

Rothmar2

"The Tank" arrrived today!
I can't believe the reel that inspired my 6/0 project has come halfway around the world, and now sits beside one of its bigger (dumber?!) offshoots.

I just love the maroon rings. But I will make a set of SS ones while I have it, but won't fit them at this stage of its journey. It's interesting to feel the difference that custom stack makes. Mine still has the stock set, although I have honed the metals. You can just "feel" The Tank has more drag to give.
 Our season for albacore probably won't kick in for another month or two. Dominick, if it's OK with you, Mike (mhc) may be able to get some hurt on it in the meantime.

Alto Mare

Chris, its nice to see the Tank next to your masterpiece, I'm glad it made it over to you.
Thanks for doing this.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

10 days to get to Tasmania.  Not bad.  Chris I reread your post that said there are jumbo tuna running now that's why I sent it so soon.  Sure give it over to Mike if he has the opportunity to put a hurting on it.  The only condition is that Mike needs to post a report and photos.  Good luck all.  Yep, great fun.  Another example of how the internet has shrunk the world.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Rothmar2

My bad on that post, jumbo bluefin at the same time as the swords. Although going off this season just gone, there were still jumbos being caught in August. I hope 2016 is as good a season as this year.

jonnou

Dominick

I bumped this thread.  See new photos on first page.  Dominick

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Dominick

Quote from: Shark Hunter on November 29, 2015, 05:07:37 AM
I haven't seen those Dominick. Go Tank! ;D
Daron go back I posted one more I was looking for.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Mudman

This thread is convincing me I need to pick up the 113 senator with Tiburon frame at a local tackle store.  ;D

Ron Jones

I'm leaving on deployment the end of next year. I can't tell you where I'd take the TANK but I can say it isn't anywhere already identified. I'd be honored to participate.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

RowdyW

Hey Ron, do you think your CO will let you bolt down a fighting chair on the fantail? Better take scuba gear also in case the horn sounds and you hear, Dive! Dive!  ;D ;D ;D    RUDY

Dominick

Quote from: noyb72 on November 30, 2015, 01:54:12 AM
I'm leaving on deployment the end of next year. I can't tell you where I'd take the TANK but I can say it isn't anywhere already identified. I'd be honored to participate.

Ron
Ron if you are looking at December of 2016 we might be able to get it to you.  Dominick