THE TANK TRAVELS THE WORLD-PHOTOS AND REPORTS TO COME

Started by Dominick, November 04, 2015, 07:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rothmar2

Quote from: redsetta on December 21, 2015, 03:16:13 AM
Great report Chris - cheers.
Pedra Branca holds a pretty fearsome wave from time to time too, if you don't mind re-entering the food chain ;)

Merry Christmas lads, Justin

Merry Xmas Justin.

The wave you speak of breaks on the SE corner of Eddystone Column, the 1st reef to the north of Pedra Branca. You no doubt have seen the Stormriders footage of it, and there are several YouTube clips as well.
Actually nearly saw a boat get cleaned up last season on the Eddystone break, some people are just plain clueless. The swell was running a constant 2.5-3.0m, but down there freak waves are a very real danger, and these guys were very lucky to get away with just smelly underpants.

redsetta

It's an amazing part of the world you've got there - good luck with the next trip Chris.

Hi Sal, between winter and now the El Niño, haven't been out on the water in a while, so no new fish stories to share since the 'Chasing Marlin' adventure.
Been really focused on downhill racing this year, so bikes have taken over a bit when it comes to 'tool time'  ;)
Managed to rack up fourth overall in the North Island series, but the 'old man' age group isn't exactly overflowing with competitors  :D
From this morning:

Hope all's well with you, and the very best wishes from my family to yours for the festive season.
Saluti!
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Alto Mare

Thank you Justin. Ok, I need to know, is that you flying?...
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

redsetta

Yeah, though the pic doesn't really do the drop justice  ;)

Dominick

Quote from: mhc on December 18, 2015, 12:21:52 PM
Thanks Dom, I will try to give the tank a relaxing warm water holiday before Chris tackles the cold water bruisers he has in mind. If nothing else I'll get a few postcard shots with it. I did notice in the report from Chris that he, and the crew, had a shirt on in every shot - is that allowed?
With the line, I think Chris wants to step down to a thin 50 braid for the extra line capacity to reach the swords - I'm happy with the 80 JB but will go with the 50 if Chris wants to re-spool it before he passes it on.  
Mike
Mike I forgot to mention that the Tank works better in raw nature.  One must take its shirt off to get the full Tank experience.  ;D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

swill88

Quote from: redsetta on December 22, 2015, 12:48:14 AM
It's an amazing part of the world you've got there - good luck with the next trip Chris.

Hi Sal, between winter and now the El Niño, haven't been out on the water in a while, so no new fish stories to share since the 'Chasing Marlin' adventure.
Been really focused on downhill racing this year, so bikes have taken over a bit when it comes to 'tool time'  ;)
Managed to rack up fourth overall in the North Island series, but the 'old man' age group isn't exactly overflowing with competitors  :D
From this morning:

Hope all's well with you, and the very best wishes from my family to yours for the festive season.
Saluti!

Looks like 'old man allstars' to me... (how old we talkin?)

good on you!

redsetta

swill88

Quote from: redsetta on December 22, 2015, 02:23:49 AM
The slippery slope towards 50  ;)

I could run (jog) at 50... at 63 ran after my Mother's walker rolling to the street... 3 steps and rolled. Bruised in 4 spots but better than broken in 1 spot. I think I'm 25 but... not true.

Keep it going redsetta!

Dominick

At 50 I could still jog to the top of Sugarloaf Mountain in San Mateo, CA.  I would get to the top and do my Rocky imitation.  I felt great.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

jonnou

Great thread Guys. I have had little time to check in on the site of late. Dom a Swordfish and a Marlin have little in common apart from the pointy nose. The Gladiator of the sea would be an Extraordinary catch on 50lb PE...

It could possibly require Bare chest and Peach coloured Speedo's to pull of such an audacious feat.
;) ;)

Dominick

Quote from: jonnou on January 03, 2016, 09:52:51 AM
G
  It could possibly require Bare chest and Peach coloured Speedo's to pull of such an audacious feat.
;) ;)
I'm game.  I haven't heard from Chris or Mike lately.  Hey is anyone catching Fish?  Dominick

Newell Nut

Quote from: Dominick on December 22, 2015, 04:47:51 AM
At 50 I could still jog to the top of Sugarloaf Mountain in San Mateo, CA.  I would get to the top and do my Rocky imitation.  I felt great.  Dominick
Heck Dominic, I am only 66 and had 505 on my shoulders this morning. Piece of cake and planning on 600 soon.

broadway

Justin, you're unreal... I couldn't do that at 20 none the less 50.
Dominick, you can probably still run up mountains... with your speedo and Hawaii 5-O shirt blowing in the breeze, of course.
Dwight, I've seen pics of you, You got forearms like popeye! :o
My macho feat... I can weave through NYC traffic like a Jamaican cab driver.  Hold on tight!
You guys always amaze me,
Dom

mhc

Quote from: Dominick on January 03, 2016, 08:33:56 PM
Quote from: jonnou on January 03, 2016, 09:52:51 AM
G
;) ;)
I'm game.  I haven't heard from Chris or Mike lately.  Hey is anyone catching Fish?  Dominick

Not yet Dominick - the Tank is due here in a week or two. That gives me time to sort out my wardrobe.
Fortunately we don't catch swordfish here, that could well be because we don't (or do) dress appropriately! The only pair of speedo's I've found so far are an old well worn pair of chartreuse with holes in them!   :'(

Mike  
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Rothmar2

Speedos in Tassie? No chance! Brass monkey weather down here for the most part. Yes Mike, will send the Tank to you by the end of the week along with some other bits and pieces for you. There has been a massive run of small SBT come through here in the last week, a boat tagged 50 in under 4 hours today, but 8-15kg tunny are not Tank-worthy.