THE TANK TRAVELS THE WORLD-PHOTOS AND REPORTS TO COME

Started by Dominick, November 04, 2015, 07:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Rothmar posted this suggestion on another thread but I am starting another here.  

Quote from: Rothmar2 on November 04, 2015, 04:44:02 AM
I know this has gone off topic, but like what Max is suggesting. I'll pay for postage to get it to Australia, try and put a sword on it, fit it with some SS rings while I have it, and then pass it on to whoever wants to attempt to hurt it next. Would make for an epic thread....
I like the idea.  PM me your address.  I want to use it in June on my spring trip to Mexico though.  What is your sword fish season?  I heard from Ted "maxdoubt" he likes the idea also.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

David Hall

WOW this could be an epic thread!
the life and times of "TANK".

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Okay, for the record, I caught, Dorado, Rooster Fish, Yellow Fin Tuna, Striped Marlin and a Wahoo.  When I say I caught I don't remember who picked up the rod with the Tank on it.  Joe (my fishing buddy from NJ) and Wayne (El Pescadore) brought in fish with the Tank while we were all on the boat.  I wish I would have cataloged the fish with weights but I did not.  Here's hoping whomever catches a fish records the date and weight of the fish.  Let's keep this going.  Put in your reservations.  I want to use it June 7-14, 2016 then again in Late October 2016.  Dominick

I could not find these pictures in my computer.  I finally found them in my dropbox files.  This is the first report with photos showing the Tank in action.  The credit for these photos goes to Wayne (El Pescador) he's good with a camera.
[/URL]
Here is some goofy guy doing his Titanic imitation on the wrong end of the boat.
[/URL]
The ride out was magnificent.  
[/URL]
Plenty of porpoises.
[/URL]
Here is the Tank waiting for some action.
[/URL]
[/URL]
Marlin hooked.  This is its first of many jumps.
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
Unhooking for release.
[/URL]
Cheering for the Tank.  Also for myself.  It was great fun.
[/URL]
Making a fast exit from the power of the Tank.
[/URL]
This Dorado was caught by either Joe or Wayne.  We caught 2 about the same size on the Tank.  I took this fish out of the box for a photo.
[/URL]
One more.  My personal best Rooster Fish (Pez Gallo). 
[/URL]

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Tightlines667

There are a few line class records out there just waiting to be broken... just saying ;)
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

El Pescador

Quote from: Dominick on November 04, 2015, 10:02:26 PM
Okay, for the record, I caught, Dorado, Rooster Fish, Yellow Fin Tuna, Striped Marlin and a Wahoo.  When I say I caught I don't remember who picked up the rod with the Tank on it.  Joe (my fishing buddy from NJ) and Wayne (El Pescadore) brought in fish with the Tank while we were all on the boat.  I wish I would have cataloged the fish with weights but I did not.  Dominick

Dominick,

I can look over our fishing photos and provide the date & approx. size of the Rooster Fish, Striped Marlin and Dorado you caught.  The wahoo is iffy, I remember us taking about using it for BAIT ;D.

Also, it's El Pescador for my AT.com site name, NOT   El Pescadore  as you have it, I'm not Italian!!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Maxed Out

I'm gonna have my friend ship me my tank and we can have both Sals tanks travel together ;). Mine has yet to get wet, cause my SoCal trip got cancelled. :(
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

David Hall

There are numerous tanked 113's with the same or very near the same internals, but there is really only one TANK and it was built by Sal.

El Pescador

Quote from: Dominick on November 04, 2015, 07:19:11 PM
Rothmar posted this suggestion on another thread but I am starting another here.  

Quote from: Rothmar2 on November 04, 2015, 04:44:02 AM
I know this has gone off topic, but like what Max is suggesting. I'll pay for postage to get it to Australia, try and put a sword on it, fit it with some SS rings while I have it, and then pass it on to whoever wants to attempt to hurt it next. Would make for an epic thread....
I like the idea.  PM me your address.  I want to use it in June on my spring trip to Mexico though.  What is your sword fish season?  I heard from Ted "maxdoubt" he likes the idea also.  Dominick

Rothmar2, when is swordfishing open in Australia??

I will be in Cabo between Jan. 16 - Jan. 23, 2016 & would love to have the TANK with me on that trip!!!!  Let us know, I'm lining up to use the Tank!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Dominick

Quote from: El Pescador on November 04, 2015, 11:31:54 PM

Also, it's El Pescador for my AT.com site name, NOT   El Pescadore  as you have it, I'm not Italian!!!!! Wayne
Wayne there are only two kinds of people in the world, Italians and those who wish they were Italian.  And don't give me the northern Italian speech, Germany is too far north to be Italian.  Dominick

bluefish69

I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

David Hall

I married a Sicilian!
42 years later and I'm still afraid to leave!

steelfish

The Baja Guy

Shark Hunter

I can't wait to see the rings Rothmar is going to put on the Tank.
I need to get some fish on Mine and lay down the Heavy Metal for once.
Life is Good!

Dominick