THE TANK TRAVELS THE WORLD-PHOTOS AND REPORTS TO COME

Started by Dominick, November 04, 2015, 07:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Hey Dommie;  I would be glad to make you one,   Lets talk.  When is your deadline?  Sorry I missed your question posted till today?

The Tank is Always welcome on my boat.   It means good fishing lies ahead!!!!!!! :-*

Dominick

I have the Tank on my bench.  I serviced it but it did not need much.  There was water inside because I had the reel in the rod holder and it received a lot of spray from the boat traveling.  I wiped the water out and ran a greased brush around and put it back together.  I am ready to send it out if there is a request to use it.  I had it down in Baja this past month but did not hook anything with it.  I was playing around with my Penn Slammer because it is fun to catch rooster fish on spinning gear.  I did not expect the giant rooster Posted in my Baja report and it took me 35 plus minutes to bring it to the boat.  That fish took about 6 or 7 runs and the reel got hot from the drag friction.  I took it apart and the there was dried salt and some moisture.  I cleaned, lubricated and put it back together. 

Any takers on the Tank?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Dominick

For all you new AT members, this is an epic thread to buzz through.  It is heavy with pics.  On another note, I have to cancel my trip to Los Cabos in Nov. 2018.  I had planned to fish in a local wahoo tournament out of Puerto Los Cabos.  My friend Joe from NJ cannot make it this year.  That is the first time in 16 years that he could not make it.  It's no fun to go it alone.  Having said all this, I am offering up the Tank from now until June of 2019.  I won't be using it until then.  So for all you big game fishermen out there, this is a perfect opportunity to put a hurting on the tank.  Just post the dates you want to use it and I will reserve it for you.  As it is noted (probably at the beginning of this thread) the only obligation is that you post a report and pay to have the reel shipped back to me or Sal.  I will pay to ship it.  Check the Tank's adventures.  It's been more place than I.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Darin Crofton

This is such an awesome thread! Maybe one day I'll try out the Tank monster on some Gulf of Mexico Gag Groupers...
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

thorhammer

Dec 15 - Jan 15 for Isla de Mujeres. Don't forget the Tank logbook!

Dominick

Quote from: thorhammer on October 15, 2018, 10:24:49 PM
You got it John.  I don't know where the log book is.  If I find it you get it, otherwise it is lost to the ages.  I will mail it to you in the next couple of weeks.  Do you want some company on the Isla?  That place is on my bucket list.  Dominick

oc1

theswimmer

Isla de las Mujeres......
I grew up spending parts of my summers there as a kid.
Mom was partners with a Mexican national in one of her many ventures and they had a house together on the inside near Tortugranja off Sac Bajo.
Some of the best beach fishing in the world.
Can you say 4 foot barracuda on a fly rod ?
When I say I was spoiled as a child it gives new definition to the word spoiled......
You can still get a nice suite with a kitchen for about $ 50-60 US per night.
Get a place out of the down town area and eat where the locals eat .
Last dinner Miss Mari and I had in 2016 was 5 courses and multiple cocktails for $45 aprx. Including a generous tip.
Pangas are the best value for boating but bring your own PFD as some boats have none or they are very old and tattered if they have them.
You will have a blast !
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Rothmar2

Quote from: Dominick on October 15, 2018, 10:28:17 PM
Quote from: thorhammer on October 15, 2018, 10:24:49 PM
I don't know where the log book is.  If I find it you get it, otherwise it is lost to the ages. 

That's a bummer! I was hoping to get the Tank back down here some day and was looking forward to the read!

thorhammer

Dominick, did you receive the log back when I sent it? Not sure if it made it to Itjhal or not in Pakistan.

ijlal

Quote from: thorhammer on October 17, 2018, 10:33:35 AM
Dominick, did you receive the log back when I sent it? Not sure if it made it to Itjhal or not in Pakistan.

It was never sent to me.

Cheers,
Ijlal
I live 'fishing'!

Dominick

Quote from: thorhammer on October 17, 2018, 10:33:35 AM

I did receive it.  It is lost in somewhere in my garage.  I think Wayne logged some comments in it at last use.  Dominick

thorhammer

Ok, good. if it doesn't turn up I'll start volume II. I hope I have something to enter...this isn't exactly a fishing trip....wife booked us to a resort on mainland with some friends. I'm hoping I can get them up and over to IDM for a day or two out. as they promise..if not I will rent a float and paddle out a head from the resort resto :)

El Pescador

Quote from: Dominick on October 17, 2018, 07:13:49 PM
I did receive it.  It is lost in somewhere in my garage.  I think Wayne logged some comments in it at last use.  Dominick

Correct Dominick!

My last post in the TANK log book was...   "Keep your Workbench CLEAN so you don't loose this log book!!!!!"

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

xjchad

Quote from: El Pescador on October 18, 2018, 01:46:23 PM
Quote from: Dominick on October 17, 2018, 07:13:49 PM

Correct Dominick!

My last post in the TANK log book was...   "Keep your Workbench CLEAN so you don't loose this log book!!!!!"

Wayne

:D :D :D
Husband, Father, Fisherman