THE TANK TRAVELS THE WORLD-PHOTOS AND REPORTS TO COME

Started by Dominick, November 04, 2015, 07:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

Dominick

Bump...Anyone want to borrow the Tank just let me know.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Rivverrat

Domnick, I'm not ready at this point. But yes when I am, I would be honored to toss a bait using this reel. I have a couple of spots this summer if it's available where I could put a worthy mark on this reel that would be
    worthy & honorable of it's maker... Jeff 

Dominick

Just let me know when you plan to fish so I can send it in time for your trip.  I will be using it between June 8 -15. Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

MarkT

Bummer, I have an 8 day leaving on June 8 that should be a YT special trip.  But, I have a 10 day leaving on 9/26 and I'd be honored to catch a nice YT on the Tank!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Brewcrafter

Mark and Dominick - Do some scouting intel and try to leave at least a few out there for me!  My RP 8 day leaves on June 18th. - john

Dominick

Quote from: MarkT on February 27, 2021, 02:35:38 AM
Bummer, I have an 8 day leaving on June 8 that should be a YT special trip.  But, I have a 10 day leaving on 9/26 and I'd be honored to catch a nice YT on the Tank!

Mark, I can let you use it on both trips.  My trip is not set in stone yet.  It is just penciled in.  Besides, I have used it many times and it is fun to see other reports and photos.  Dominick

Brewcrafter

The Tank was able to run Back to Back trips on two of the finest San Diego Long Range Fleet.  Here is the handoff from Mark returning on an 8 day trip on the EXCEL, as John was getting ready to depart for an 8 day trip on the ROYAL POLARIS.  In a nutshell, the yellowtail were hanging deep in the rocks along with the "Red Devils" (rockfish) but we were both able to put some meat on the deck!  Real joy and honor to be able to fish The Tank - it got a lot of comments on deck! - john

Wompus Cat

Lot's of GOOD HISTORY in THAT TANK!
Here is the photo a little esier on the Neck ;D
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Rothmar2

Great to see the Tank still getting out and about.

Brewcrafter

Thanks Wompus for fixing the photo!  On my trip I was using it at the Alijos Bank, and the yellowtail were hanging close to the bottom with the rockfish.  Originally I was Yoyo-ing and was consistently pulling up rock fish (and one White fish!) but then switched to a dropper loop and that was one I was able to pick a small yellowtail (10-20# size) out of the mix. - john

Dominick

I just thought I would bump this old thread and let all you members know the offer to borrow the Tank is still open.  All you gotta do is ask and become a part of history.  Dominick

Bill B

Dominick I might take you up on the offer for the AT.com 8 day trip in October.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Dominick

Bill, you're on.  PM me your address when and if you decide.  Dominick