wind on leaders

Started by willybendit, January 19, 2011, 10:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willybendit

Hi  All    im  new to this big game fishing  i have started to make wind on leaders  the needle sets here in the uk  are £56 plus P+P  very expensive ?         i found a  blanket needle that i nipped the end off  and cleaned up with a file   just the job  i bought 100yards of 200LBS dacron  the leader will be 400LBS nylon    i cut a lenth of dacron 8ft long  and threaded the needle inside the dacron to make the loop  all going well so far  so now ive got a 3 inch  loop and two feet inside the dacron outer  do i feed the leader nylon right up to the inner butt section and whip the joint   then  pull the leader  so that the dacron tightens up then whip the joint    hope this make sence    tightlines Alain

Dominick

Willy: After 75 people read your post and you did not get an answer, it looks like no one knows what you are talking about.  I'll bet that if you go to this link it might help you with an answer.  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=1075.0   Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

sorry, i never even saw this one!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!