How To MAKE Your Own "FISH ATTRACTANT" Like Berkley GULP Uses . . .

Started by ez2cdave, November 11, 2015, 06:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

David Hall

in the rivers in the PNW I used to cut out a piece of moleskin, its sticky back holds to skin so it holds to a metal or plastic lure very well, then I could saturate the moleskin with attractant, mostly Anise oil.  The results were inconclusive, sometimes they worked great other times not at all.  Just like using the lures without any attractant.  I still use the method to this day and Im still not sure it helps, but everytime I get hooked up when I use it I will swear it is because of the attractant.  If I dont then the fish just aren't biting.

SoCalAngler

I don't use attractants because of the smell and mess they make on my lures, tackle box, boat and me. But, if your looking for more of a paste type of scent try Smelly Jelly, it sticks on the lures for a good period of time and has the consistency like Vasoline but it must be water soluble by law to use here in California. Also people that do use this type of stuff around here swear by Uni Butter but this needs to be reapplied every 4-5 casts.   

jcool3

Pro-Cure super gel scents made from combining real bait, fish, etc. with sticky gel.  I used squid, anchovy, threadfin shad.
Can't say that they made that much of a difference catching fish.
http://pro-cure.com/store/bait-scent-products/scents/super-gels.html