Recent 113H Build

Started by Army_of_One, July 17, 2018, 02:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army_of_One

I have been holding this reel for a while.  I finally finished it and have found a couple of things in the process.  The double dog bridge needs certain parts to cooperate to run well.  To start I had a stainless gear sleeve that the teeth were too big to spin on the bridge.  I swapped it out for another stainless one that had the flat, keyed, metal washer and thin carbontex under-gear.  I got that together and it wouldn't spin.  I saw the under-gear washer making contact with the studs on the bridge.  I changed it to the smaller diameter under-gear washer that came in Bryan's kit and it has been running perfectly since.  I also see that any aluminum sideplate needs a "Maxed Out" lever as the stock levers leave a mark on the anodizing, or remove it completely.  Other than the minor problems with interchangeability, this was a fun build.

Another day in Paradise!

thorhammer

Nice one Robin! I hate it when the Accurate paint starts flaking. I have been just polishing it all off. Purple is pretty hard to come by.

John

STRIPER LOU

Looks good! I'm a big fan of purple and have several myself. ;D

Nice job,  ..  Lou

RowdyW

If you get in touch with Tom from Cortez Conversions he can supply a cap for the original lever to keep it from hitting the side plate.      Rudy

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

mo65

Nice work! I had the same problem with the under gear set on my 113H...the dog posts rubbed when assembled. I filed a shade off them and got it to work. Love the purple! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Army_of_One

Thank you guys for the kind words!  This was much easier than my early builds, thanks to all of the knowledge from ya'll.  ;D  It's not a show piece, but I do love the purple so it's my show piece until I find a nicer one. 
Another day in Paradise!

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.