Let's see a picture of your workspace...

Started by steelhead_killer, November 24, 2015, 03:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunker Larry

Not quite the industrial giant of Fred's shop, but with the tunes cranked, a beer, coffee or tea: I'm a happy camper!
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

foakes

Really nice, Larry -- well equipped --

Like the DAM Quicks on the wall and bench -- along with that old Daiwa Spinner?

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

steelhead_killer

Nice Looking space Larry.  Reminds me of when I had the room!   :'(
><)))">

STRIPER LOU

What's wrong with having reels in every room of the house? I'm not seeing a problem here!!!!
.......................Lou

thorhammer

STRIPER LOU

I'm not seeing clutter. Looks pretty darn good to me!
...............Lou

Lunker Larry

Quote from: foakes on November 29, 2015, 04:14:30 PM
Really nice, Larry -- well equipped --

Like the DAM Quicks on the wall and bench -- along with that old Daiwa Spinner?

Best,

Fred

Yes Fred. It is an old Daiwa spinner 8600A. Recently found it in an old fishing box I had and cleaned it all up. Will never use it but it looks good on the wall. Had it since early '70s. Is that time right for that reel?
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

foakes

Yep, Larry --

IMO, that was the Golden Age for spinners.

The evolution from the 60's had already moved forward, the reels were made of aluminum and metal -- not plastic -- there were some bearings in key areas, and the reels were efficient as well as simple.

They just worked well -- and they still do today.

Daiwa has always been a quality reel -- and the company has stood the test of time -- and is still dedicated to anglers.

Some of them have pot metal gears in later years -- and those are durable, but not as much as bronze, brass or steel gears.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

fsrmn

You asked for it  ;D ;D Tunes, A/C, Internet and comfortable chair. This is how I roll (literally). Life is too short to be organized. I cleaned it up a bit for the pictures ;) Don't be afraid to post derogatory comments... I've heard them all from my wife already :-\

Not all fishing is done with rod and reel.

thorhammer

Having looked at this picture, I think I made need counseling. I don't know what's worse: I made a path through the rod projects to the beer fridge or I made a path through the rod projects to the beer fridge...

Dominick

Thor, please take another photo with the refrigerator door open.  :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

thorhammer

Dominick, I was painfully cranking 600 yds of PP and 150 yd topshot onto the Cortez 9/0 in ignorant bliss when i saw this request...now I have difficult questions.....I have a beer fridge and wife has her own in garage. So I'm on the fence about going for therapy or going for more Blue Moon because I discovered I'm out.

Disclaimer: The Miller Lite was left by neighbor. I'll appreciate it next time I need to boil skrimp.

STRIPER LOU

Now John, that's what I call organized!!!!!

Dominick

Quote from: STRIPER LOU on December 01, 2015, 01:26:44 AM
Now John, that's what I call organized!!!!!
I bet myself a quarter that it would look like the beer case at the supermarket.   :D :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

You know you are serious about drinking some beer when you have a Natty Daddy on the Top Shelf! ;D
I took a week Vacation just to get away from work and try to get ready for Christmas and work on a few reels for friends here.
I didn't realize how many boxes I have sitting around with reels in them. All in crown royal bags, labeled with the time of the service and the upgrades.
I went and bought 5 large totes to put them in. 26"x15x7. I wanted a shallow box to spread them out and still see what I have.
They are all full and I still have a couple boxes left.
I'm getting there. ;)
Life is Good!