Let's see a picture of your workspace...

Started by steelhead_killer, November 24, 2015, 03:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunker Larry

fsrmn ; I'm guessing that if a spring or clip goes flying you pretty much don't bother looking for it ;D
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

thorhammer

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 01, 2015, 07:46:39 AM
You know you are serious about drinking some beer when you have a Natty Daddy on the Top Shelf! ;D
I took a week Vacation just to get away from work and try to get ready for Christmas and work on a few reels for friends here.
I didn't realize how many boxes I have sitting around with reels in them. All in crown royal bags, labeled with the time of the service and the upgrades.
I went and bought 5 large totes to put them in. 26"x15x7. I wanted a shallow box to spread them out and still see what I have.
They are all full and I still have a couple boxes left.
I'm getting there. ;)

Hhahahah you spied it....Natty Daddy IS NOT your daddy's Natty...we found out the hard way you can't flush 'em like regular Natty. that one has been in there since summer.

fsrmn

Larry, I use a large clear plastic salad bowl to work on springs and stuff under tension. You can see through the bottom and nothing goes far. But yes, if it leaves the bench, it's pretty much gone :-\
Not all fishing is done with rod and reel.

handi2

Here is some pictures of my mess.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

handi2

A few more.

Gulf Breeze, FL

handi2

More
Gulf Breeze, FL

thorhammer

Liking the tools, esp the arbor press. Looking a belt sander this weekend.

PS, you better not let Daron spy that heavy metal sitting there.....looks like a 12/0?

foakes

Very nice, Keith --

Good organization -- and good close to hand.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

handi2

Daron has been here and he was "wandering" around looking when I was talking with his wife and family.

There is a 14/0 on the table and a mint 14/0 on the wire shelf. Never used.
Gulf Breeze, FL

Shark Hunter

Great Pictures Keith.
Yes, Thor
I've spent a few hours in Keith's work shop. My Wife was Jealous of it because it wasn't in the main house. ;D
Keith has a very nice place.
Life is Good!

nelz

Quote from: steelhead_killer on November 24, 2015, 03:20:17 AMSince downsizing last year I have been reduced to storage boxes and the dining room table.  Which I may add must be cleaned up after playing.

Brother, I feel your pain...

Here I am working on a Penn Live-Liner while my wife tries to enjoy dinner.  ::)

Very tough reel to reassemble btw!

steelhead_killer

><)))">

Gfish

Truely a "man cave". A dark corner of the garage at my wife's house with the work bench my Dad built when I's 2 yrs. old(I really love this work bench). It's got onea those old wooden antique tool boxes from Grandpa and somea his tools. I can't hide there, but it takes people a-while to find me and "out of site, out of mind" works sometimes. Also, the desk where I do detailed stuff.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

nelz

Quote from: steelhead_killer on July 14, 2018, 02:21:04 PMIt works for me!

So I guess you've moved up in the world since your original post. Very nice and compact space.