Fin-Nor Schematics

Started by Bryan Young, January 25, 2011, 12:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetta

G'day David,
They're generally configured ()() stock, but can be reoriented (()) to get a slightly higher max drag and steeper ramp-up.
Hope that helps.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Bryan Young

David, to add, if you configure (()), you may need a thin spacer.

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

David Bentley

Thanks Justin and Bryan,
The max drag at the moment is more than my back can handle and the steep ramp up is probably the only fault I can find with the reel so I will leave it as it should be.

Dave

Capt Ahab

Anyway to repost the Fin Nor Marquesa Scematics again? 

We outfitted the boat with all Marquesa - 4 50T, 4 40T  and 4 30T  (Ithink)

noted that we have some issues with the drag's initial  engaging  - the lever is very tight and kinda "pops" when you push it from freespool towards strike

Wolli

Anyway to repost the Fin Nor Marquesa Scematics again? 

see attached files

Good Luck and TL
love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)

Tightlines667

I have serviced quite a few Finnor Marquesa and Santiago reels.  The 2 speed mechs, and spacing along the entire spool shaft can be a bit 'finicky'.  Clean them up good, replace worn bearings, replace Bellevilles (if needed), and make sure the spool shaft (especially where it slides through the right spool bearing), cam assembly, and pocket are deburred and/or polished.  Sounds like the cam just needs cleaning, or the spool shaft needs deburring.  Any questions, just ask.  Also, pictures are helpful.

These are great little reels, though the cam ramp is just a little bit steep for my liking (not as steep as most Avets though).

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Capt Ahab

coastal_dan

Anyone by chance have the Ahab spinning schematics?  Thx!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

exp2000

Loos like ()()

Wolli

Anyone by chance have the Ahab spinning schematics?

let me know for which model.  08, 12, 16 or 20 ?

funhog

Thanks for posting the schematics for all the reels. I picked up a late 80's vintage 30FNL this winter at a garage sale. I know that FIN-Nor reels are well respected  everywhere and very popular going back many years.
My question is : are the Fin-Nor Light series reels a low end, inexpensive model , or were they considered to be pretty good quality? Other than being a little heavy, it's pretty darn smooth. I had it serviced at a by a reputable tackle shop here in So.Cal. and he said it was clean inside and in good shape... just old school and heavy ... and that the 30FNL wasn't a as popular as their other models. . Either way, I'm keeping it  its a little different and smooth.   

Wolli

FIN-NOR AHAB schematics

Wolli

had some months ago the pleasure to service my friends 50FNL. The reel is build like a tank and easy to service.

The only trouble the drag washer is made from cork and glued on the drag plate. Recommend to replace, but was unable to get a cf sheet in 2.5mm thickness.

Alternative cutted two washers in 1.0mm and one in 0.5mm. Glued together with J-B Weld under light pressure and let it dry for 24 hrs. Next step was to find the best adhesive to glue the washer on the drag plate. J-B Weld failed due to not sufficient contact with the drag plate (too smooth). After some tests with old cf washers and different glues found out that the special carbon glue from Toolcraft was the best. Let it dry over night, greased with Cal`s and assembled the reel. My friend enjoys now tuna fishing with the antique reel in the Mediterranean Sea.

My "receipt" to remove glued washers from the drag plate without using sharp tools like dremel, knife, emery paper etc.:
Put the drag plate in a pot with vegetable oil and boil at around 130°C (266°F) or higher. The glue softens and the washer can removed without any damage to the drag plate. (dont burn your fingers... ;D)

coastal_dan

Thanks Wolli!!!  Two thumbs up!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Alvaman

I have schematics dating back to 1990 showing the original reels. The early schematics were hand drawn.   I do not have any for their spinning reels, as I think the AHAB was their primary one and they were working on an oil filled sealed model at the time. I obtained these from  a tech. at the Finor plant in Hollywood Florida where I was living at the time.