Fin-Nor Schematics

Started by Bryan Young, January 25, 2011, 12:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastal_dan

I would give you an internet high-five if you scan some of them in :)  I'd like to see the hand drawn ones.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Alvaman

The hand drawn schematics are for the 2 1/2FN,  4/0, 7 1/2, 9/0 &12/0  It appears these reels are all similar as the schematics appear to be the same. I am sending a copy for the 12/0 which consists of 7 pages showing a breakdown of all the sub assemblies.  I was advised that each one was machined from a block of aircraft grade aluminum then anodized.
I just had my first one in for repair, a 12/0 and I hate to admit it this the  first reel that stumped me. I worked on it for over 3 weeks off and on. Someone had it apart before,but it is a simple design and heavy making it awkward to handle..  I was unable to have the reel free spool. It was loose and the handle turned smoothly, but with the drag in the full relaxed position the spool would not turn on its own and no matter what I did I could not get it to work. When I got it you couldn't even crank ir  I had to return it  better,but not fully well.

coastal_dan

Thanks Hugh!  Here is what he sent for anyone else interested...

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Robert Janssen

Thanks coastal_dan and Alvaman; those are really cool. I still have the schematics sent to me by the president of the company at the time, when things like this were still made of paper and mailed in an envelope, but they didn't include these.  I made a few of those cam assemblies from scratch a few years ago; it was quite a job.
Thanks.

Doc.

Davace97

Does anyone have a schematic for the Ahab conventional reels? I bought an Ahab 50 that the previous owner had haphazardly thrown back together and I want to make sure I have all the parts in the right order. 

Volvo

How do i upload an image ??, recieved a copy of the schematic for the PR10HS and would like to share it onboard for the future incase someone else is after it..