steelfish

second crab is a winner..

can you post how you made it?
I will like to try them here

The Baja Guy

Rothmar2

Quote from: swill88 on January 15, 2016, 09:33:39 PM

What's crab body made of?

Hi Steve, the body is 2mm craft foam (2nd crab) and felt for the first. Claws are 2mm foam tied to a suicide style hook.
Steelfish, I'm away at work for another month, but I could get a step by step up when I get home.
The crabs are tedious to make. I made myself a profiled foam cutter to do the claws, saves a bit of time and frustration. There is a chasis under the body parts that has to be fairly solidly made as well. I use micro-chennile and round silicone for the legs. Colour patterns are permanent markers, which is then epoxied over. Obviously the second crab is not entirely finished.

Thanks for your interest.

jcool3

Quote from: Big Tim on December 02, 2015, 04:21:43 AM
I got the bug to tie some old school shrimp flies that we used back in the day for rock cod fishing and would like to share a few with some friends that will actually use them...PM me address and I will send you a couple...Not that special, but a fun project to me...First 6 gets a set on my dime...Merry Christmas  ;D I left all of them long so you can trim them down if you like.

What style and size of hooks do you use to tie your shrimp flies?

anglingarchitect

They work with knife jigs as the assist hook, it's like the big jig is chasing it trying to eat it and the aj's out compete it.