The 'Double Turn Uni'

Started by Tightlines667, December 08, 2015, 04:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

tristan

Tightlines, the video referenced seems to have disappeared...

So, here's another:

Ron Jones

Gotta be honest. I tied some big baits and landed good size fish on them. I've never felt I needed anything other than a surgeon's loop. Looks like he knows what he's doing for sure.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Eddie K

That knot is also known as the "fishing fool" knot. 

Bill B

I have been using a double clinch knot for heavy jigs, similiar to this bit easier for me to tie...Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

CW33919

Great knot - my neighbor turned me on to this one last year.  It's been my "go to" ever since.  Thanks for posting the video!
'I've read dozens of books about heroes and crooks and have learned much from both of their styles"

philaroman

used to double thin braid for a uni
OK, if you want to loose the last 1-2' of frayed line, anyway
otherwise, wasteful
switched to FF, many years ago
(it's a twice-through-eye uni -- not, doubled)
easier, collapses more consistently, & I can keep the tag end <1"

happyhooker

Been a Uni fan for awhile; the knot in the video is what I'll usually use when the lure is too big for a Palomar knot loop to easily go over the lure.  Still like the Palomar for swivels & most hooks.  Both knots give you a double line thru the eye, which I like.  Some will tie the Uni, and leave a small loop on the lure eye for, supposedly, more lure action; when you get a fish on, the loop will tighten up; I don't usually go that route, myself.  Not everyone will agree, but for me, I can tie the Uni fairly easy compared to the improved clinch & a few others.  On lighter line, I like 5 turns with the Uni.

Frank