2nd Generation 113HX 4:1 SS Gear Set

Started by Black Pearl, December 10, 2015, 03:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Pearl

This part is available in my online store now.

This is a 2nd generation 113H (code name: 113HX) 4:1 SS gear set with 6 ears.

Here is the price per items.
113HX 4:1 SS gear set (main and pinion):   $62.00
1mm carbon fiber drag washer (5 pcs):       $15.00
0.9mm SS keyed metal washer (5 pcs):      $12.50
2.5mm SS keyed top metal washer (1 pcs): $7.50

Here are the difference package deals.
Package A: 113HX gear set + CF washers (set) + 0.9mm SS keyed metal washers (set) + 2.5mm SS keyed metal washers (set) + derlin under gear washer (Free) = $89.99
Package B: PC98-320 (10 teeth gear sleeve) + package A = $113.99
Package C: SS eccentric jack + SS yoke + package B = $124.00. Please note that the eccentric jack will be available on June 2016.

Shipping cost is $3.25 per package by USPS First Class Parcel Service or $8.00 for the first package + $4.00 per additional package by USPS Priority Mail within the US.

For outside the US shipping cost, please contact me for more info.

Here is the testing result from Sal on this 113HX 4:1 "Easy Access" stainless steel gear set. This gear set was pushed to around 55# drag under stress tested by Sal.

Here are few pictures in gear set with the SS double dogged bridge.

PacRat

Do we need to get on a list for these?
Mike

Black Pearl

Quote from: PacRat on December 10, 2015, 04:31:06 PM
Mike

No, after the samples are tested, a mass production of 100 sets will be made.

BMITCH

NICE!!!! What's the ETA on this project???
luck is the residue of design.

swill88

Quote from: Black Pearl on December 10, 2015, 05:01:42 PM
Mike

Only 100?

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Black Pearl

Quote from: BMITCH on December 10, 2015, 07:05:54 PM
NICE!!!! What's the ETA on this project???

We should have few samples for testing in next few weeks. We will also have a 2nd generation 4:1 gear set for Jigmaster 500/501 or Senator 112h which will use the same carbon drag washer as this 113H 2 generation gear set.

By the way, we will also have a standard 4.8:1 (5:1) SS gear set for JigMaster 500/501 or Senator 112H.

I was told that a few new products will be available within next few months.

Sorry for all these delay.

Thanks,
--Alan

BMITCH

No worries Alan. I'll keep an eye out for them in the future. The 2nd gen JM and 112H using the same drag set as the 2nd gen. 113H is REALLY interesting. That will for sure raise the bar on these reels. Exciting stuff👍🏻😎

Black Pearl

Quote from: swill88 on December 10, 2015, 08:26:12 PM
Quote from: Black Pearl on December 10, 2015, 05:01:42 PM
Mike

Only 100?

If the demand is there, I can always make more.

Shark Hunter

I thought I already had the second generation in 416ss?
The Insanity! :D
Life is Good!

Ron Jones

So,
What is the price for a PRO Challenger narrow 113H with gen II SS gears and T-bar handle? It seems you are making an entire reel.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

BMITCH

Alan, just a quick question...in another thread you stated that you were gonna be able to make a gear set for the JM's and 112h's that will utilize the 113H's second gen. washers...can it be done to make these second. gen. 113H gear sets to utilize an even larger drag washer set..like maybe the size of the 114H??? I dunno, maybe there's not enough material to support a larger diameter washer. Just a thought.

Bob

Alto Mare

Bob, we'll wait and see what Alan has to say, but I'll give you my take on it.
If you check out the 5-500 and the 5-113H, you will notice that the two gears are very close in size.
This makes it a good option for the two to share the same carbon fiber washers, doing so would save you a little.
Here is a drawing on the washers you've mentioned:

I darkened the ears, they don't add any drag, as you already know, they're there to keep those washers in place and don't rotate.
Although the 114H appears to be larger, it is actually the smallest. The 500 is the larger of the bunch, due to the smaller keyed hole.
All  ( 3 ) washers would work, but I would personally like the washer on the 114H to be a little larger.
Adams 114H insert has the same exact washer as the 500. I was able to get over 60lb, by pulling the reel, we know it would work, but I would still like to have that one a tad larger.

The 500 would get ( 3 ) washers, having ( 5 ) working surface. The 113H would get ( 5 ) washers, having ( 9 ) working surface.
Of course using these type of washers you could adjust your reel to your liking just  by stacking washers differently.
You could place the eared washers on top of each other to reduce drag and so on. There are many combinations with these, but i could tell you now, mine will always be set at its max availability ;D.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BMITCH

Thanks Sal. I didn't a chance to pull out and measure diameters. With these drag numbers we are IMO pushing these stock side plates to there limits. Thanks for the reply.

Bob

Alto Mare

The main reason for these is to have the reel as smooth as silk at where it was intended to be fished at,  plus a little more drag ;)
Don't base my numbers at where it should be fished at, those are testing numbers only.
I could tell you this, we will have the (500) as a 20lb reel, the ( 113h) as a 30lb reel  and the( 114H ) as a 35lb reel.
These will feel the smoothest reel at those settings and yes, I believe all three with the proper parts could handle those numbers.

Sal