changing a Trinidad A handle

Started by driveonfishboy, January 28, 2011, 07:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

driveonfishboy

Here's a question. The new Trinidad A reels come with a pure white handle that gets awfully dirty. I heard that a Stella knob will fit as a replacement. I can see that it looks the same. Before I waste my $, any truth to this? If so, what size Stella would have the correct knob?
Thanks.

alantani

i don't know about the stella handle, but i do believe that that original trinidad handles will fit.  too bad, i have been throwing those away when i upgrade the reels to kolekar grips.  i'll have to start saving them.  check back in a couple of months and i may have one for you.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

driveonfishboy

The old ones look similar but don't fit. Internally different. Has no one mentioned a stella change?

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

flyliner

I was just wondering the same thing.

I have a trinidad 16NA and 12 A.  I love the reels, but that white handle is just not practical (it's like wearing white pants while fishing).

Not only does the white handle get really dirty fish blood, squid ink, etc., but also if you use colored braids, the dye from the braid will stain the handle and make it look like an easter egg.