Tyrnos 8II

Started by SoCalAngler, January 29, 2011, 06:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalAngler

Hello all,

It is my first post on this website as I'm a brand new member here so bare with me. I have a chance to purchase a Tyrnos 8II NIB and never fished, loaded with 50lb spectra for $200. I will be using this reel to fish bait here in So Cal with short 30lb topshots. My questions are what are your guys thoughts about this reel? Is 200 bucks a fare price and what else would you guys look at in that price range? This may have already been covered here but I have not as of yet had a chance to look over the site in depth. Thanks in advance

Bryan Young

$200 loaded with 50# spectra, that's a great price.  It's a great reel.  You will love it.  I would do a pre-fishing service.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Johnfishy

J&H tackle has the 10II size tyrnos on sale for $140.   It's a wider version of the 8.

SoCalAngler

Thanks for the heads up guys. Bryan do you or Alan have a pictorial of the break down of the Tyrnos 8II or 10II?

alantani

brian did something?  they really are nice reels! 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Sorry, no tutorial.  Still trying to finish up the Tyrnos 20, but kids got sick.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

billystrikero

Thank you very much for the Tyrnos 10 II.  I ordered it through the suggested JandH.