Okuma Spinner Drag Sizes

Started by Bryan Young, January 29, 2011, 03:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiddlerbasher

Keith I think that criticism could be aimed at most felt washers - not just Shimano

philaroman

Quote from: handi2 on February 26, 2018, 04:52:52 PM
Many of the inshore saltwater charter captains use the Shimano Ci4 reel because of its better corrosion protection. They come with felt drag washers.

I had one captain come to me by boat after his clients had landed a few Jack Cravale. The felt drag were gone.

He grabbed 6 sets from me and went back fishing. The felt drags in the Shimano reels turns to mush and disappears.

how does that relate to "Okuma Spinner Drag Sizes" or my original point about SMALL SPINNERS used w/ light line at lowest drag settings (basically, F/W UL)?  ...ya know what?  I have a great deal more to say, but refuse to engage in any more hijacking

Bryan,

being a Mod/Admin, could you please cut out this whole debate & move it to a separate Topic, as was done w/ the "Super Lube thang"

getting back to "Okuma Spinner Drag Sizes" from one whole page, ago:

my old Inspira IS-20 spools are HUGE -- almost 30-size -- WAY bigger than VS-20 & AV-20.  over the many, many years, Okuma has come out w/ different versions of Inspira (ISX & IA?)...  maybe the only dif. is 6-stack VS. 2-stack of same-size washers, but why take a chance?  ...might be helpful to mention exact models, esp. for Okuma models that have been around for decade(s)