Penn 113H 4/0 Aluminum Side Plates.

Started by Cortez_Conversions, December 24, 2015, 06:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cortez_Conversions

My projects are stacking up faster than I can knock them out! It's a very good problem to have and I need to clear house for a couple of big projects coming up!

I'm going to start machining these next week and need a feel for who wants them, how many, and what color. Silver, Red, Green, or Black.

Here's the kicker...... Tiburon makes those cool new frames. They won't fit with the the old style plates so I'm going to make a very limited run of plates that will fit those new style frames.
So you really have two choices in four colors! I would need at least ten orders to do a custom color, and they will probably be an extra $10 a set.
My polishing estimate on the jigmaster stuff was way off. I ate half the cost because that was my fault. This time I have an accurate quote, so the price increase reflects that.

I'll be selling these for $108.00 a set with shipping in the U.S.
Here's what's in the set:
Polished, anodized plates-Silver, Red, Black, Green.
Two Bearing cups with ABEC-5 bearings and Viton O-rings.
Two bronze bushings.
Delrin insulator sleeve for the eccentric.
Clicker spring, dog, and clicker button.
Rubber for the eccentric lever.
New Stainless Steel mounting hardware.
I don't have a source for Stainless bridge screws, so you are on your own on that.

So please let me know what style of plates you want( original or Tib), what color, and how many sets.

Thank you,
Tom

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

David Hall

I would like 4 setsto fit tiburon frames.
3 red
1 black.

swill88

Tom,

(1) Black,  original style
(1) Green, new style

Thanks,

Steve

RowdyW

I'll take two sets, both original, one green & one silver. If enough get together for blue I'm in for a third set, original.

Shark Hunter

Tom,
Enlighten me on the New Style Tiburon Frames. I didn't know there were any that didn't fit old style plates.
I just bought this one.
Life is Good!

RowdyW

Daron, it only applies to the 113H frames. If the ends of the frames have a recess then you have the new style frames. If the ends of the frame are flat straight across then it is the original style frame. Original frames use inner rings, new style frames do not use the inner rings.  The plates will be cut with the step for the new style & without step for original style frames.  RUDY

Maxed Out

Hi Tom,

Two choices ?? Meaning old style or new style ??

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

RowdyW

Ted, original style frames should match with Accurate frames. They are the same on the ends as the original Tib frames.      RUDY

Aiala

I'll be in for one green set (original), or blue if you get enough requests.  :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Shark Hunter

I would definitely be down for Blue as well, but Tiburon makes two different Blue frames. Ice Blue and Cobalt. The one pictured above is darker Cobalt Blue.
Two tone Blue would probably look pretty Cool. ;)
Life is Good!

RowdyW

Ice Blue.... like a Candy Blue would be my choice.

Tightlines667

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 24, 2015, 07:53:17 PM
I
I like the Ice/Candy Blue color better myself.  Daron, I didn't know you had a reel with that neat, little antibacklash device.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

thorhammer

I will take a new style green and silver and an ice blue if you do them

John

Shark Hunter

Tom,
Please forgive me, I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but You said the newer style Tib frames don't work with old plates. This is a Cobalt Blue HLW, kind of rare. It is the new style as seen with the recess.
I have a few 113H's, I have been wanting to make a wide Tank for a while.
The donor reel I got from So Cal a while back. This is the oldest version of the 113H that I know of.
Just by removing the inner rings, It fits just fine. There are versions of this newer frame style with the 114H as well. Just trying to clear this up for easy understanding.
The other two tanks I have. A Narrow and a standard width, Use both rings and are the old style.
The Californian is a reel I stumbled across and I think I will leave it as is. Another rare 113 wide.

Life is Good!

Alto Mare

You're not hijacking at all, it's all related. I believe Tom is talking about the metal side plates, the frame that you're showing will not work on the sideplate similar to the jigmaster plates he just made.
In order to use the type of frame as you're showing, the sideplate will need to be machined to accept it.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.