Penn 113H 4/0 Aluminum Side Plates.

Started by Cortez_Conversions, December 24, 2015, 06:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on March 08, 2016, 05:15:44 PM
Thursday 3/10 will be the last day to reserve and/or make changes, after that, you will only be able to pick the left overs.
Thanks to all of you who have supported this project!
Tom

Thanks for the heads up again Tom

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

twotone

Thanks for the update Tom!
I'd like to add to my existing order.
Wouldn't want to miss out on these side plates.
Your Jig plates are awesome!

Old order 1 black Tib.
1 red , 1 black , 1 silver of the old style.

New order 1 black , 1 red and 1 ice blue Tib.
1 black , 1 red  and 1 silver old style.

Thanks,
Anthony
twotone

broadway

I'll keep it simple for ya...
3 Please... 1 Green, 1 Red, 1 Silver all with the adjustable knurled bearing caps all for the new style frames.
Thanks Tom, I can't wait
Dom

thorhammer

green and ice blue, new style frame, knurled caps. Thanks!

p-deverett

Alan, I had previoused signed up for silver old style, can I change to 1.ice blue  old style and 1. silver new style?

Thanks Peter

PacRat

Okay, I think I need to get in on this...I don't want to be the only kid on the block that doesn't have one. I would like one (1) black, new style for Tiburon. Knurled bearing cup please.
Thanks
Mike

mikeysm

I would like to upgrade my order from green to Ice Blue new style frame.

Mike

Alto Mare

I'm not crazy bout Ice Blue, but if you happen to offer Cobalt Blue, please add it to my order.

Thanks!
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 13, 2016, 01:02:48 AM
I'm not crazy bout Ice Blue, but if you happen to offer Cobalt Blue, please add it to my order.

Thanks!
Sal

Maybe next time Sal. My lot sizes are growing thanks to the AT ohana, so with that growth comes the ability to add colors. Who knows what we can do in the future!

Speaking of anodizing colors.... The plates are going to plate Monday. I've updated everyone's color choices.

Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Alto Mare

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on March 13, 2016, 03:53:55 PM

Thanks!
Sal

Maybe next time Sal. My lot sizes are growing thanks to the AT ohana, so with that growth comes the ability to add colors. Who knows what we can do in the future!

Speaking of anodizing colors.... The plates are going to plate Monday. I've updated everyone's color choices.

Tom
Not a problem Tom, I understand.
Thank you for doing this.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Maxed Out

Thanks!
Sal

You may have a good point Sal. Not sure how close royal blue is to cobalt blue, but a NOS set of accurate 113H "royal blue" plates just auctioned for over $300.(4 bidders from $150 and up). I think it must be a rare color for the old accurate components.

For Toms creations I will settle for any color he picks  :D :D

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Bryan Young

I just saw the plates, they are off the hook.  You guys will love them.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

foakes

Quote from: Bryan Young on March 15, 2016, 05:20:21 PM

Met Tom at the Fred Hall Show --

Incredibly capable and modest --

In talking with him for awhile -- a few things became readily apparent...

He loves his craft.

He is a perfectionist's perfectionist.

In engineering, manufacturing, and production -- there are various "acceptable" levels...

95% no defects, 99% no defects, 100% no defects -- or Tom's...

"this last product I am making has "0" defects, but there are a couple of small things I am not satisfied with -- so will change those until level remains at 100%. -- and I am satisfied with the resulting product".

Tom is one of us -- a fisherman, skilled craftsman, and a great guy.

If he came out with his own line of reels, like Carl Newell -- the sky would be the limit.

Just my opinions.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Bryan Young

Quote from: foakes on March 15, 2016, 06:03:01 PM
Quote from: Bryan Young on March 15, 2016, 05:20:21 PM

Met Tom at the Fred Hall Show --

Incredibly capable and modest --

In talking with him for awhile -- a few things became readily apparent...

He loves his craft.

He is a perfectionist's perfectionist.

In engineering, manufacturing, and production -- there are various "acceptable" levels...

95% no defects, 99% no defects, 100% no defects -- or Tom's...

"this last product I am making has "0" defects, but there are a couple of small things I am not satisfied with -- so will change those until level remains at 100%. -- and I am satisfied with the resulting product".

Tom is one of us -- a fisherman, skilled craftsman, and a great guy.

If he came out with his own line of reels, like Carl Newell -- the sky would be the limit.

Just my opinions.

Best,

Fred

And if I won the lottery, I would definitely fund his own line of reels.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

anglingarchitect

Quote from: anglingarchitect on February 16, 2016, 09:41:00 PM
I would like a couple RED and Silver. (Old Style)

Mark Hartley

I want to change the silver one to new style, the red is ok old style as per previous post.