Penn 113H 4/0 Aluminum Side Plates.

Started by Cortez_Conversions, December 24, 2015, 06:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: Gfish on April 12, 2017, 10:33:15 PM
Tom, is it to early to put in a request for a pair of silver side plates for the Tib. T4N "new style" frame(1-set)?
This request relative to your post on Randy's Vintage Offshore Tackle where he answered my post about same. Red's OK too and cosmetically challenged no biggie.
Gfish

Hello Gfish,
It would be too difficult to keep multiple lists of who wants what. The whole logic behind the website is to have one central location for all inventory. Makes it harder for me to screw up! ;D
Even after saying that, last week I still had a snafu for a customer who was able to order and pay for more items than what was in actual inventory. I gladly refunded the extra payment, but still, it feels bad.
I will announce when the plates are ready and up on the site for purchase.
Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Shark Hunter

No reason to feel bad Tom.
You provide a valuable service that no other person on this earth can do like you.
Your quality and perfection are second to none.
We all hit bumps in the road.
It Happens.
Your products speak Volumes my friend. ;)
Life is Good!

Gfish

X2, Tom n' Daron. Just put together my first full-fledged " tank" usin' your JM plates Tom. They arrived yesterday. Just about as cool as it can get for a penn reel. Now in the process a maggin it 'cause the bearings work so darn good! Hmmm, my tendency is ta write down every upgrade done, plus all line info., with dates, ona label somewhere on the frame 'er side, mabey NOT THIS TIME!

Thought I 'd get on the 4/0 plates asap 'cause I' m usually behind others and I know some people order a-lot at once(which's what I'd do if built reels for other folks).

There's so much art produced on this Forum and it just keeps gettin' better...
Thanks for sending my Easter gift Tom!
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Rancanfish

That is a sweet looking reel Gfish!
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

sdlehr

Gfish, I see you're epoxying washers onto the left side plate for the magnets. What is the circular object around the washers? Or have you stacked washers to get the magnets closer to the spool?

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Gfish

I stacked the washers big, then small then ended up stackin 2 magnets on each. Works but not as good as 4 single washer/mags spread out like I had in the original penn plate. Tom's plates are several mm's deeper than the penn. May need to slow it more, with another combo. Only field testin's gonna tell for sure!

Update: works fine with two magnets stacked.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Cortez_Conversions

I have three of the four colors in my possession, just waiting for the reds.
Now here's where things are going to get even more confusing! There are two reds based on the new and old style colors.
They each are a close match to the original red color. So if you order a new Tib style and an original old style set they will be different shades of red.
I'm hoping to pick them up Friday, so expect to see all them on the website Monday!
Tom
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Gfish

Personally, I'm not really concerened about color/coordinating, etc. They look like a quality american designed/made product that allows me to strengthen my reel by replacing plastic with metal, same as those JM plates I got now. I get the flashey customizing display thing, but for me, I'd rather it was antique reels as shelf princesses, if I's gonna display 'em. The Antiques look cool but usually don't fish as well as modern stuff. BTW, my tib. frames a new style.
Gfish

Cortez_Conversions

Thanks for all your patience everyone.
The 113H side plates are now available online!
Tom

Swami805

Do Maxed Out parts use the old or new style?
Do what you can with that you have where you are

RowdyW

Old style. But you might be able to use the new style if you use a set of Penn inner rings.                Rudy

Dan-J

Dan-J

I received my side plates this morning.   And they came with matching bridge screws  ;D

Gfish

Yeah, just got mine 2 days ago. For me, the hardware they come with really makes it well worth the the $. Just hadda cut and smooth off the bridge plate screws, 'bout an 1/8" as per an eariler post and tweak the tail-plate click spring a bit to make it hold on to the pawl in "click mode. Otherwise went toghther without a hitch. Gonna "dead bait" troll tomorrow with it, if I can escape all the traps of terra-firma domestic responsibilities, with my assignment oriented spouse on the Island now... I make it sound worse than it is, she keeps me steerin it between the lines.
Thank you Tom!

Gfish

TongassFisher

Just got some Blue Cortez plates for my 113h. Are they machined to run double dogs? Sure looks like they are.

Thanks,

Trevor