Penn 113H 4/0 Aluminum Side Plates.

Started by Cortez_Conversions, December 24, 2015, 06:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReelFishingProblems and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Benni3

RowdyW

I got a set of purple ones yesterday. They are even engraved with the brand, reel model, & size on the inside of the left plate. These are the best yet.      Rudy

CooldadE

Quote from: Alto Mare on December 21, 2019, 03:59:22 PM
Quote from: steelhead_killer on December 21, 2019, 12:38:16 PM
Diggin the purple, again...

Andy

X2!

Purple and black look amazing!

Sal
Hey Sal, do you have any pics of the purple plates with a black frame ?

Cool
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

Alto Mare

No cool, I built a couple but can't find a pic. Some of the reels I assemble don't hang around for long.
I might have some acrylic blanks for a custom handle, those would look nice as well with it., but the handle would need to be made and that takes a while.

This should help you though:

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=27423.msg316984#msg316984

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Swami805

Here's purple plates on a black frame, it's Bryan's Newell plates but pretty close
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Alto Mare

Nice Steve, if I remember correctly you should have a nice custom handle that might look sharp on that reel, but I might be wrong.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Maxed Out

Just noticed all colors of 113h side plate kits are back in stock. My patience paid off. Thanks for making these Tom !! You knowI'll be back for more.

Thanks to Randy Pauly too for the t4wex kit

-Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Ron Jones

T4WEX, 100# braid, that deep hole we couldn't get to the bottom to last year?
I bet there's a monster down there, whada you say we find out in a couple weeks?
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

nelz

Quote from: Rancanfish on May 18, 2016, 01:23:03 AMPics of my son's old school classic with Ted's awesome bars holding together Tom's awesome blue Cortez side plates.

Are these the "old" or "new" style plates?

Maxed Out

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Decker

Quote from: Gfish on December 24, 2019, 10:27:38 PM
I think the toughest Penn design I own is 2 Cortez Conversion plates on a T4N frame/spool(Tiburon) in 113H size, with stainless steel guts and a Motive Fab titainum handle with Allens 3/0 delrin power knob.
I know, with the label placement, but looks are 2ndary at best for me.

That is one elegant beast, G!

ReelFishingProblems

Quote from: Maxed Out on February 19, 2020, 12:06:23 AM

Just noticed all colors of 113h side plate kits are back in stock. My patience paid off. Thanks for making these Tom !! You knowI'll be back for more.

Thanks to Randy Pauly too for the t4wex kit

-Ted

Ted that is a clean looking setup. Looks like every part came out of the same factory with extremely high QA/QC

Donnyboat

That looks really sweat Ted, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Toehi

Just scored two sets of purple side plates to complete the Tib frames I bought two years ago, better late then never!  Thanks Tom!!

PS, if I wanted to get these engraved can anyone recommend a company?

RowdyW

If you engrave them it will cut through the anodizing and there will be a quick spot that will corrode. Engraving has to be done before anodizing. Printing & decals can be done after anodizing.        Rudy