Rainshadow SUR 1569F--Spiders & Dragons

Started by cbar45, January 04, 2016, 11:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reel 224

Chad: Thank you very much for the information you furnished me with, that is very helpful. I am a person that needs to read something to get it straight rather then told  and I can use that information to reference over and over again. I am going to follow your advice.

By the way I couldn't help noticing the black cat you are holding in you arms. We had a black cat named Black Jack. He was a wonderful cat.

Joe   
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Reel 224

Chad: I bought both books you suggest from Amazon.

2. Advanced Custom Rod Building (If you only had time for one Clemens book, this would be it imho)
3. Custom Rod Thread Art (This is the book that contains the "spider" pattern I posted

Thanks again;

Joe 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

cbar45

Quote from: Reel 224 on January 08, 2016, 05:08:23 PM
Chad: I bought both books you suggest from Amazon.

2. Advanced Custom Rod Building (If you only had time for one Clemens book, this would be it imho)
3. Custom Rod Thread Art (This is the book that contains the "spider" pattern I posted

Thanks again;

Joe 

Joe,

You did good...Those two books alone are a vast source of information and how-to's, not just for crosswraps, but on rodbuilding in general..

"Midnight" is the name of the black cat in my profile photo...He is actually my wife's cat since she took care of him since he was a kitten...We also have another cat, part sailpoint siamese, who is great friends with Midnight...His name is "Snowshoes" aka Mr. Rod Blank Inspector...;)

Chad

Reel 224

Cats are cool! ;D Looks like I'm going to be doing lots of reading before I start this new rod.

Joe

Tightlines667

Quote from: Reel 224 on January 09, 2016, 02:01:27 AM
Cats are cool! ;D Looks like I'm going to be doing lots of reading before I start this new rod.

Joe

I have the same 2 books, and am only half way though the first.  Been too busy reading up on antique fishing reels.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Tightlines667

Quote from: Reel 224 on January 09, 2016, 02:01:27 AM

Joe

I have the same 2 books, and am only half way though the first.  Been too busy reading up on antique fishing reels.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Reel 224

I'm hoping that I can study enough to start this new blank, but it's tax time and get distracted with tax crap.....can I say crap? ;) ;D

Joe

Shark Hunter

Too Late, Joe. ;D
I wish you guys the best on your endeavors of rod building and wraps.
Looks like Chad has it down pat.
I will not venture into this unknown, because if I know if I do, I will go crazy with it. ;)
Life is Good!

Reel 224

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 13, 2016, 07:31:57 AM
Too Late, Joe. ;D
I will not venture into this unknown, because if I know if I do, I will go crazy with it. ;)

Exactly right! I know because I am there. ;) ;D

Joe

sdlehr

BTDT, I'm in the middle of one build and have two more blanks waiting in line. Keeps me out of trouble when I'm not working...

Sid
SE FL
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Reel 224

Chad: I received my copy of the Advanced Custom Rod Building today. I just glanced threw it and it seams quite throw in it's content. I'm looking forward to reading this book. Thank you again for telling me about this.

Joe

P.S. I still am waiting for the other book Custom Rod Art , it's on the way and I will be getting it a few days.

Newell Nut

Quote from: Reel 224 on January 13, 2016, 12:56:44 PM
Too Late, Joe. ;D

Exactly right! I know because I am there. ;) ;D

Joe

You will be there when you have 50 blanks lined up on one wall of your office and you buy finish epoxy by the gallon. ;D

Reel 224

You are wright there Dwight. I'm not quite there yet with rods or reels. ;D

Joe

cbar45

Joe, You're welcome... I'm glad you received your book and found the information useful.

Update on the Rainshadow, rear grip and epoxy ramp for the stainless butt cap have been wrapped and finished...Very happy with the grips...Lately I have been experimenting with a top-coat of marine epoxy for a non-slip grip even when wet, (a similar process is used on carbon fiber grips)...Time will tell how it holds up..

Chad

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!