RED Newell 344-5 need parts?

Started by GORDASKIPPER, August 13, 2019, 01:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GORDASKIPPER

My wife's prize possession is damaged...Handle was partially SEIZED I guess, does brass aluminum galvanic corrosion exist? Finally handle came off without damage however my luck stopped there. Drag Star 3-15G had completely welded itself to the bridge sleeve 3-317SB-1 . So my note in box from 2011 said I had cleaned and serviced reel HA? I was not tuned in to reading all the pitfalls of improper reel care. Or I may have used reel and only sprayed it with water been in box 8 years. I have spent countless hours reading here and learning my lesson's the hard way. Needing parts Drag Star definitely, and 3-303G Stainless Steel Jack handle, can get bridge sleeve used on eBay.

Is there a sticky pertaining to long term storage or just proper cleaning with Marine grease and the like?

Swami805

So it's an R344-5? I think those came with silver anodized stars? That will be a tough one to find.  You could take the anodizing off a black one, not perfect it's something
Do what you can with that you have where you are

bluefish69

Go to Adam & buy a Titanium Star. It will look the same. I put 1 on a friends R 533 & he loves it, you can't bend it either when you drop it

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

GORDASKIPPER

needing some more information on Adam ?

Swami805

Motive fabrication in the for sale section on here, he's made them out of stainless and titanium I believe. Very nice work.
Do what you can with that you have where you are