Insert kits for 4/0 and 6/0,9/0

Started by Three se7ens, January 10, 2016, 02:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Three se7ens

I'm ordering all the material I need for more of the 4/0 and 6/0,9/0 insert kits.  I'm going to be making some changes to these to improve the quality and consistency of the parts.  The following will apply to all sizes except the 12/0 and 14/0 insert kits.

Insert material is getting changed from 304 stainless to 360 brass H02 temper.  The brass is actually stronger and harder than 304 stainless, and will have a higher quality cut, and therefore better tolerances.  The 6/0 inserts are going to use a slightly smaller carbon fiber washer than the previous stainless versions.  The carbon fiber drag washers will not be interchangeable with the stainless inserts, but I will continue to offer replacements for those, as well as for the new brass ones.

The price on the hardened stainless I have been using for the thin washers has gone up, so I'll be using 6al-4v titanium for the thin drag washers with these kits, but will continue to use 304 stainless for the thick washer at the top of the stack.  

I will have both sizes available by the end of the month, and the daiwa 900h size kits will be available at the same time.

The price will likely be increasing a little, but I expect it to be less than 10%.  These changes will improve the quality of these kits, and will result in far better availability.  

Claytong

Awesome! I'm down for a 9/0 insert when they become available.

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

xaf

Depending on price I'm down for a couple of the 4/0 kits.

BMITCH

Oh yeah...one of each Adam..please

Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

RowdyW

I'm in for one set of 6/0-9/0.     RUDY

swill88

Adam I would like for (2) 4/0 kits, (1)6/0 & (1)9/0. Thanks Thanks.
Steve

handi2

I will need a bunch of 113H 4/0 kits.

Keith

A bunch is at least 10.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Maxed Out

I would like 2-4/0 kits if there's any left after filling Keiths "bunch" order. :D :D
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Shark Hunter

Those 113H kits are really nice. Pair them with Black Pearl's 416 stainless gear set and a stainless sleeve and you have a tank in your hands. ;)
Life is Good!

David Hall

I'm still needin 4 for the 4/0 when you got em.

David Hall

Three se7ens

Im a bit behind schedule on new parts, Ive been slammed with work the past few weeks.  I hope to have the 113H kits available in about 2 weeks, and I should have a few 114H/115 kits available by next weekend. 

I have a couple of big jobs going on at the moment that are tying up the majority of my time.  Im trying to keep up with orders of existing parts first, and then the batch parts and new products. 

broschro

do you have a price on the 4/0 insert with washers? Thanks Jamie