Penn Carnage II

Started by Big Tim, January 15, 2016, 05:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

Has anyone used the new Penn Carnage II rods yet? I'm considering one for my Fathom 40NLD 2 speed

BT

Southernsharker

Not one of new one but my wife uses the 50-100 carnage jigging rod with a squal 25n and loves it. We also have one with a 113n and it works great the reel seat on on the squall was a little tough to seat with the brace screws in so I would take your reel since it's a 40 and try fitting it before you buy it. But we kick the heck out of snapper with a few going over 20 lbs and a lot of amberjacks.

Also since your looking at a 170+$ you may want to consider a star paralex I have two that I have used all last season on fin or lethal 80's and they've whipped alot of big fish. there right at 200.

thorhammer

Quote from: Southernsharker on January 15, 2016, 03:21:36 PM
Not one of new one but my wife uses the 50-100 carnage jigging rod with a squal 25n and loves it. We also have one with a 113n and it works great the reel seat on on the squall was a little tough to seat with the brace screws in so I would take your reel since it's a 40 and try fitting it before you buy it. But we kick the heck out of snapper with a few going over 20 lbs and a lot of amberjacks.

I have frequently need to use a rat tail file to make a small groove on either side of the seat to accomodate the screws when attaching a smaller reel to 24mm seats, particular 525 Mag to 12 surf sticks.

Southernsharker

When you file it down have you ever had any failure of the seat? I'm assuming not with light drag and liggt filing but I wonder with 20lbs if it would affect it.