shimano triton 200g

Started by mriversinco, February 03, 2011, 04:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mriversinco

Hi,

I've been watching this website and have decided to tear down some of my reels.  I've got my Okuma convectors done and am now looking at a set of 10 of my dads old shimano tr200g.  I know they aren't very expensive reels to begin with but I've used them the past few years for salmon on lake michigan and they work fine.  I'd love to change out the drags to carbon fiber.  I don't see any tutorials here for these reels.  The closest I can find are the shimano speedmasters.  They look similar.  Has anyone ever torn one of these down, or have the diagrams for them?

Thanks

Bryan Young

Should be similar to any of the star drag reels.  If you take one apart, you will see that, and like other reels, measure  the drags and compare them to the HT-100 or Carbontex drag sizing charts.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

akfish

The HT-100 (carbon fiber) drag washers for a Penn 965 International fit the Shimano TR200. I see lots of TR200s in the shop -- they are very popular among charter operators for salmon up here -- and change them all to HT-100s. You can get the drag washers at mysticparts.com. Expect to pay almost $4.00 for the set.

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

walleyetom

The clutch was not working on my reel.  I removed the right side plate.  Inside I found a wire, looped kind of like a spring, lying to the side of the yoke plate.
In the reel repair supplement parts list I cannot find what this part is or where it goes.  Might have something to do with the clutch lever.

I know I am not very clear but any help would be appreciated.

UK Ron

Irish Jigger

Quote from: walleyetom on March 24, 2012, 05:46:22 PM
The clutch was not working on my reel.  I removed the right side plate.  Inside I found a wire, looped kind of like a spring, lying to the side of the yoke plate.
In the reel repair supplement parts list I cannot find what this part is or where it goes.  Might have something to do with the clutch lever.

I know I am not very clear but any help would be appreciated.

Clutch Spring #0016?
BTW welcome to the site.

alantani

they are the simplest reels in the world to work on.  peter is making me a longer stainless steel arm for these.  i should have them within the month.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

thinket

hi alan. suggest putting a counter balance on arm. pete's knob weighs almost as much as the tr100 reel. how much for arm?

Quote from: alantani on April 01, 2012, 05:27:51 PM
they are the simplest reels in the world to work on.  peter is making me a longer stainless steel arm for these.  i should have them within the month.

alantani

the arm itself is probably going to be $13-14.  it will be made of a thinner metal than the tld 15 arm, but the outside dimensions will otherwise be the same.  i will also have this one electro-polished, because it will also fit on the calcuttas. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ken_D

Quote from: alantani on April 01, 2012, 05:27:51 PM
they are the simplest reels in the world to work on.  peter is making me a longer stainless steel arm for these.  i should have them within the month.

I concur.

akfish

The eccentric on that reel is made of plastic. Has it deformed? That does happen and will make replacing the spring impossible -- especially if the spring is bent out of shape as well.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Ken_D

Quote from: akfish on January 17, 2013, 01:28:50 PM
The eccentric on that reel is made of plastic. Has it deformed? That does happen and will make replacing the spring impossible -- especially if the spring is bent out of shape as well.

Hi... I have not seen a regular eccentric, or a deformed one, or a good spring versus a bad one...I'm beginning to thlnk this is a case.  Or I am simply a klutz.... ;D  Not knowing shite from shinola.. :D

Ken_D

Got it. I have left the benovelant order of CLOD.... co-operative league of dimwits..  ..and got it OK. I was looking at it backwards, being left handed.    Bantam 1, a factory rep that posts on several reel forums, set me straight.

He advised to assemble the eccentric and the lever first, then sneak the bent end of the spring into the little hole, then work the assy to get the straight end near its notch. Loop of the spring up.

Took all of 15 seconds this way. 

jaidam

I'm trying to fix up one of these for a friend who found it while diving. It looks to have been on the seabed for a few months it has small shells and coral? starting to grow already. Anyway, I can't get the right side plate off. Left side plate and spool out OK, but the right side plate seems stuck. Is there any trick to popping off the plate?

jaidam

Oops, sorry for posting silly question. You need to take out all screws from the right side plate to remove the plate(incl the 2 screws on center of the plate, which I didn't do yesterday).
Internals on the reel were in fine shape except the right side bearing which had corroded and seized. The spool was in the worst shape with big holes through both ends.