Started by STRIPER LOU, January 21, 2016, 12:49:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swill88

Quote from: Dominick on January 22, 2016, 01:23:31 AM
Quote from: sdlehr on January 21, 2016, 10:57:47 PM
Quote from: Alto Mare on January 21, 2016, 09:56:44 PM
Not enough room for both of us at once Sid
I don't take up much space  ;)
Sid I've been to Sal's house twice and I still have not seen his workshop.  We usually can't get past the dining room table and the cantina di vino.  Dominick

Dominick...you and I and Sal would get along... sure I'm not alone in that assessment!

sdlehr

Sid I've been to Sal's house twice and I still have not seen his workshop.  We usually can't get past the dining room table and the cantina di vino.  Dominick
If its an Old Vine Red Zin from the Russian River Valley I'd probably be OK with that!  ;D ;D ;D
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Dominick

Quote from: sdlehr on January 22, 2016, 01:58:56 AM
If its an Old Vine Red Zin from the Russian River Valley I'd probably be OK with that!  ;D ;D ;D
Zin used to be reasonably priced.  Now a decent bottle runs about $17.00.  Sid you are right DeLoach Winery for one.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

David Hall

I hate to change the subject matter from wine back to shops, but I noticed something on Sals bench that has me intrigued.  I picked up a set of hand punches for stamping delrin washers.  What I discovered is that the OD cut is clean and straight forward but the ID punch tends to blow up the delrin sheet stock.  That little tool on you bench looks like some kind of a press, how's it work out and where'd you get it?

Reel 224

Not that it matters; But I'm a B&B man. ;D ;D

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Tightlines667

Dr. Hall,

That is an Arbor Press.  Sal turned me onto this tool.  Here's my set up...

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=13859.0
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

David,
A hammer punch will definitely blow up some Delrin. I tried making some the other night and it was cold in the garage. It cracked them to smithereens. I finally got two that the OD was correct on.
I took a dremel to the ID. That press will make it a lot easier, I'm sure.
Life is Good!

mike1010

Quote from: Reel 224 on January 22, 2016, 04:08:23 AM

Joe

It doesn't have to be either/or Joe.  Have the wine with dinner, and the B&B after.

Tiddlerbasher

The arbor press is the way to go - wouldn't be without mine ;)

Reel 224

Quote from: mike1010 on January 22, 2016, 03:23:31 PM
Quote from: Reel 224 on January 22, 2016, 04:08:23 AM

Joe

It doesn't have to be either/or Joe.  Have the wine with dinner, and the B&B after.

That's what I'm sayin!! ;D ;D

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

mrwilson99

I am barely starting out in this hobby and these are the goals I hope to achieve when I gather more parts lol
David