Picked up some Seeker Blanks!!!

Started by sundaytrucka, January 22, 2016, 05:23:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sundaytrucka

I recently received three Seeker blanks, BS806, CBS806, and a CSW708.

The CSW708 (Pictured on the right) is from the Blue Lightning line, nice in-shore stick for 15#, I feel it can fish 20# too. Jigs, swimbait, or bottom fishing will suite this nicely.

The CBS806 (Pictured on the left) I cannot find any info on, maybe an older model? It has a beautiful deep green, emerald color, beautiful blank. I am becoming addicted to large mouth bass fishing, and it felt like a nice jerkbait rod. Does anybody have info on this blank?

The BS806 (Pictured center) is my favorite, this one is from the React Pro line I believe, the rod is amazingly light for its length and diameter, perfect for throwing crankbaits all day. The S-glass is a lot lighter than the E-glass. This one has the perfect action for crankbaits,  slightly whippy tip with a parabolic action that shuts off towards the butt of the blank and still has enough lifting power. I like the green color, going to attempt a metallic copper combo on this one...sooooo many color possibilities.

-Scott

I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

SoCalAngler

The CBS 806 if I remember correctly is from the React line of rods which changed to the React Pro line where they narrowed down the number of blanks from the React series of rods. The earlier blanks like you have had that coloration and the React Pro line went to a standard gray color.

Are you sure about the BS 806 marking on the green blank? I don't remember a blank line with the marking starting with BS.

Seeker did play around with blank colors from time to time which I thought was cool but I think that was Randy's way of selling more blanks so people could have more of a custom choice strait from the factory. Since Randy left I'm not sure you will see this type of marketing of standard blanks in different colors, but I'm not sure of this. They did look cool though.

Nice looking blanks.

Edit: PM sent