600N Fury 2 speed shifter button

Started by marcortez, January 22, 2016, 04:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcortez

I just got a new Accurate Fury 600N 2 speed hitched up to the rod.....
Played with the shift button and dang it's hard to get pushed in? Disengage button is fine.
Feels like metal to metal contact when pushing in.

I worked it several times, in and out, plus a drop of ReelX, that was supplied.....still tough to get engaged.
I mean I had to work at it.....it was NOT just a push and engage the thing.
And this was when it was flat calm inside my garage and no 30# bruiser YT yanking from the other end.

What do you think?.....will it smooth out over time?.....more oil or grease?

Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy.

johndtuttle

Quote from: marcortez on January 22, 2016, 04:53:43 PM
Played with the shift button and dang it's hard to get pushed in? Disengage button is fine.

I worked it several times, in and out, plus a drop of ReelX, that was supplied.....still tough to get engaged.
And this was when it was flat calm inside my garage and no 30# bruiser YT yanking from the other end.

Should be very simple to push in. I would treat it as a warranty issue and get it to Accurate unless you are very familiar with their mechanism.

marcortez

Quote from: johndtuttle on January 22, 2016, 05:36:13 PM

Should be very simple to push in. I would treat it as a warranty issue and get it to Accurate unless you are very familiar with their mechanism.

Thank you...I was afraid of that scenario.

I am 700 miles south in MX from the nearest Charkbait, where I purchased it from an internet order and won't being headed up that way until May.
It's useable now and otherwise functions as expected.

There is definite metal to metal contact when this button is pushed in.....like it's dragging along.

I will just use it as is until I can get warranty service when I get to CA.

johndtuttle

Quote from: marcortez on January 22, 2016, 06:29:26 PM

I am 700 miles south in MX from the nearest Charkbait, where I purchased it from an internet order and won't being headed up that way until May.

There is definite metal to metal contact when this button is pushed in.....like it's dragging along.

That sensation *is* normal as the "plunger" slips between and pushes apart a set of jaws that then close over the rod in a more narrow spot. But it should be easy. If you dissemble it (look at any Accurate tutorial) it may respond to more lube. It is not hard, but you want to have a well prepared work area so you don't lose any bits. One of the springs on the jaws may be out of place etc.

marcortez

Quote from: johndtuttle on January 22, 2016, 06:39:39 PM
Quote from: marcortez on January 22, 2016, 06:29:26 PM

That sensation *is* normal as the "plunger" slips between and pushes apart a set of jaws that then close over the rod. But it should be easy. If you dissemble it (look at any Accurate tutorial) it may respond to more lube. It is not hard, but you want to have a well prepared work area so you don't lose any bits. One of the springs on the jaws may be out of place etc.

I don't have the confidence to take it apart, nor do I have the necessary Torx bit to even attempt this.
SOL is as good a term as any for right now...otherwise the reel is perfectly useable and I will use it until such time as I can get it back to Accurate.

Thank you very much for your FAST responses.