a quick tour of the the 2016 international sportsmen's expo in sacramento, ca

Started by alantani, January 23, 2016, 01:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

here a quick walking around tour!   there were a bunch of booths that i could not get photos of because they were too crowded.  enjoy the tour!

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

swill88

Thanks Alan... I was going to go there yesterday but am a bit under the weather.

What did you think of the Socalreels?

Steve

alantani

he says one of his reels gets 66 pounds of drag.  that claim, by itself, is troubling.  it does nothing to identify the true working parameters of the reel and that working range is what is most important.  there was no scale available for me to check the drag range. too bad.  i think i will try to remember to bring a scale when i go to the fred hall show.  
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

David Hall

Wow thanks Alan,  that was better than being there, I saw everything and still have all my money!

foakes

Thanks for the pics, Alan!

Agree on the SoCal Reels.

Claims are one thing -- and maybe even more importantly would be repeatable capability in real salt conditions when targeting cows, or other tough fighters.

Hopefully, they will perform well -- specs are impressive -- but I have never had one apart on the bench yet.

This show looks like a good warm up for the Fred Hall show a little over a month away, in Long Beach, California.

Show is largest of its kind -- runs 5 days, March 2nd through the 6th.

Randy Pauly, owner of Vintage Offshore will be there as usual -- with a fantastic line up of rare and tough reels and parts, upgrades, vintage rods, vintage jigs, many one of a kind tackle collectible items, plus so much more that is impossible to even list. 

I have been invited to help Randy again this year -- and will be there for all 5 days.  Look forward to meeting a lot of AT members, and also will take some pics for posting during the show -- in case there might be items of interest to the AT members who cannot attend in person.

We can take orders on the phone or online -- then ship out a week or so after the end of the show.  This way, you might see something of interest -- and we could answer any questions  -- and just process your request so the item would be yours.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

boon

Quote from: swill88 on January 23, 2016, 01:45:51 AM
Thanks Alan... I was going to go there yesterday but am a bit under the weather.

What did you think of the Socalreels?

Steve

I'm 99% sure they're exactly the same reels as Gomexus/SAGAMI (and some branded Canyon, unsure of the relationship with the infamous Canyon reels covered by Alan Hawk) and come from Weihai Lianfu, Chinese OEM/rebrander.